Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click on link to read the whole articial-----> UFC Bans Gun, Hunting Sponsors - Handguns

I contacted the UFC and told them I would no longer support or watch there events as long as they didn't let gun or huntings sponsors participate in sponsorship of there sport. And said as long as they are unwilling to support anything that has to do with the Second Amendment that I and several hundred if not thousands wouldn't support there sport. They need to know that there bottom line will take a hit if they continue with there decision. There are a number of groups that are participating in not going to or paying for there pay per view evens.

Here is the email address if you would like to tell them to change there stance on this issue as I did.

[email protected]

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It is OK to glorify physical violence as long as we make a tidy profit from it but it is not OK to have firearms related advertisements?

Someones concept of morality is skewed.

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
34 Posts
I kind of understand where this is coming. I hardly watch UFC anyways so by me saying I won't support/watch any of their events would be irrelevant to the matter. However, I would support a boycott of the sport if this was a flat out attack against the second amendment.

·
Super Moderator
19,886 Posts
Well, as Ahnold would say "You Eff See? hasta la vista . . .baybee"

And, as Bruce W would say: "UFC? Yippie ki yay mutha . . . . ."

The internet is not large enough to contain Ted Nuggent's probable reply.

As for me - Not a huge UFC guy. I come across them periodically when channel surfing - and just keep on surfing. It does appear, based on the responses thus far to the press release, that viewership (and revenues) will suffer if those who have spoken out against it REALLY FOLLOW THRU AND ACTUALLY BOYCOTT.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
It is kind of hard to understand... are they trying to improve their ratings with soccer moms?? Ain't gonna work.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is retarded, for one most of those muscle heads are packin heat, I know this because like 3 of them have been arrested in "Gun related" incidences, one even pulled a Kimber Carry on his then female boxer girlfriend after she beat the living snot out of him in a domestic fight... Why would they hurt themselves by pulling away from 2A type sponsors, I mean most people who support the UFC are self defense, physical improvement, martial arts minded people. Most likely NRA members, or atleast the type that doesn't detest voilence (Republicans) (Um I was guessing, but in my mind the statement I made, made sense.)

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I guess guns are too violent for them.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
This is a really stupid move on their part. I sent them the following Email:

To whom it may concern:

I find your decision to not allow firearm and ammo manufacturers and other shooting related businesses to participate in sponsorship of your program very un-American and truly disappointing. Do you know that private gun ownership in this country is at an all-time high? Are you aware that roughly 90 million Americans own guns and participate in some form of shooting? That is more than a third of the population of the USA. Why would a program such as yours not want to allow the shooting sports companies to sponsor your program?

Gun ownership in this country is guaranteed under the second amendment of the US Constitution. Perhaps you should read it and attempt to understand exactly why that is? I have been an active shooter for more than 50 years. I have never committed a crime, or used my firearms to break the law. I'm also a veteran, and a member of the Elks, The NRA, the Amateur Trapshooters Association, The American Citizens Association, and a staff member at Taurusarmed.net, a gun and shooting Internet forum with a large readership. I have been a fan of the UFC for sometime as well. In short, I represent your average UFC patron.

I'm sorry to say that from this day forward, I will no longer support your programming or have anything to do with your company again. If you do not choose to honor and respect your patrons then I see no reason to be one any longer. Perhaps you should consider switching your venue to ballet? That would seem to be more in line with your corporate decision making process. Why you would disrespect more than a third of the population with your poor decision making is really beyond me. I will be posting this on several large Internet forums to help get the word out. UFC doesn't want your business if you like guns!

Sadly,

My Name
Jacksonville, FL

·
32,619 Posts
This is a really stupid move on their part. I sent them the following Email:

To whom it may concern:

I find your decision to not allow firearm and ammo manufacturers and other shooting related businesses to participate in sponsorship of your program very un-American and truly disappointing. Do you know that private gun ownership in this country is at an all-time high? Are you aware that roughly 90 million Americans own guns and participate in some form of shooting? That is more than a third of the population of the USA. Why would a program such as yours not want to allow the shooting sports companies to sponsor your program?

Gun ownership in this country is guaranteed under the second amendment of the US Constitution. Perhaps you should read it and attempt to understand exactly why that is? I have been an active shooter for more than 50 years. I have never committed a crime, or used my firearms to break the law. I'm also a veteran, and a member of the Elks, The NRA, the Amateur Trapshooters Association, The American Citizens Association, and a staff member at Taurusarmed.net, a gun and shooting Internet forum with a large readership. I have been a fan of the UFC for sometime as well. In short, I represent your average UFC patron.

I'm sorry to say that from this day forward, I will no longer support your programming or have anything to do with your company again. If you do not choose to honor and respect your patrons then I see no reason to be one any longer. Perhaps you should consider switching your venue to ballet? That would seem to be more in line with your corporate decision making process. Why you would disrespect more than a third of the population with your poor decision making is really beyond me. I will be posting this on several large Internet forums to help get the word out. UFC doesn't want your business if you like guns!

Sadly,

My Name
Jacksonville, FL
Think you could add all of our names to that!! Nothing says we can't e-mail them ourselves.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I sent them an e-mail as well and I was not very cordial either... I dislike non 2A supporter types that discriminate against gun owners... I also think if they trash the 2nd amendment then they would trash the whole constitution given the chance.. Don't they realize that the constitution protects their right to assemble for sporting events?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Oh the insanity.
Its funny too because I recently watched an interview about one of the well known fighters (I forget his name) but his favorite past time is shooting and hunting.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It is OK to glorify physical violence as long as we make a tidy profit from it but it is not OK to have firearms related advertisements?

Someones concept of morality is skewed.
don't believe morality has a thing to do with it. It's about what they're looking to do for their organization. They started off their mainstream grab for popularity via SpikeTV. They are now on FOX. They acquired SrikeForce who was on CBS. They want mainstream sponsors like Budweiser and Ford not Guns and Ammo. It's a smart business move. They're looking to make as much of a profit as possible. Morality? Not with the Fertitta bothers or Dana White. They're all about the $$$$$$$$.

I love the sport. I couldn't care less what sponsors they have. Why should i care? I'll continue to support and watch UFC, STRIKEFORCE, BELLATOR and all other MMA orgs that i can catch.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh the insanity.
Its funny too because I recently watched an interview about one of the well known fighters (I forget his name) but his favorite past time is shooting and hunting.
I would say a good deal of their fighters are into firearms. Some example's would be Brock Lesnar, who was shown to be an avid hunter. One of the best examples would be a guy like Tim Kennedy. An MMA fighter who currently fights for the MMA promotion StrikeForce. StikeForce and UFC are both owned by ZUFFA. They utilize the same sponsors. Tim Kenedy is one of only a handful of fighters that serves full time in the United States Military and also professionally fighting. He's assigned to the 7th Special Forces Group of the United States Army.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
The UFC has saved the fertitty bros from bankrupcty and I have personally seen a few of there meal tickets in gun stores here since I live and work in Las Vegas. Just Saying.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts