Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 327 models , both are concealed hammers , one is stainless and almost looks like a finish (looks to smooth to be a machine finish ) . the second one more black than blue , I was wondering if the second one's finish will come off real easy . I have thought about blasting it to change the appearance .
Is there a way to tell if the stainless one is actually stainless and not some sprayed on finish ?
The stainless gun has a very nice fine blasted texture it looks like a high priced stainless gun .
I called customer service and the girl I talked to said the stainless gun was carbon steel with a finish on it . It looks like it might hold up good if it is just a finish .
The blue-black is high polished . I have a PT 709 Slim and the finish on it looks similar to the black 327 .
I wish they gave better descriptions for the actual material used .

Thanks to Anyone that can give a good answer !

Duane

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah i have a SS 327 on the way. I did notice one place they list as SS the next Stainless finsih? what ever that is. Does this mean down the road i'll be blueing my "SS" 327 Taurus? (as the "finish wears off ) Alos they weren't even in last yrs catalog so i was wondering are they classified as the small frame or med?~~RR~~

·
Registered
237 Posts
The 327 is stainless. The finish on it is called brushed on stainless. Not sure why. Mine came in just like that, but using some sand paper and my grinder with buffing wheel I polished it to a close to mirror-like finish. Here is a picture:

Cheers,
Mad

P.S. I got the grips from Taurus too. Oh yeah. And here is how it look originally:

Mad

·
Registered
237 Posts
BTW. The slide on my stainless 738 was the same type of finish. Same thing - stainless. A little wet sand paper and some dremel tool buffing made it really shine :)

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah i have a SS 327 on the way. I did notice one place they list as SS the next Stainless finsih? what ever that is. Does this mean down the road i'll be blueing my "SS" 327 Taurus? (as the "finish wears off ) Alos they weren't even in last yrs catalog so i was wondering are they classified as the small frame or med?~~RR~~
The 327 is a small frame. Just like the 85s. Anything that fits the 85 will fit the 327. Holsters, grips, etc.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
239 Posts
thanks mad ,i think i might like some after market pacmyer grips and was wondering , kinda laughed when Taurus discontinues the 327 Mag revilver, but still make a 25ACP pistol ????? how big a seller can that pipsqueak be?

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
thanks mad ,i think i might like some after market pacmyer grips and was wondering , kinda laughed when Taurus discontinues the 327 Mag revilver, but still make a 25ACP pistol ????? how big a seller can that pipsqueak be?
I suppose, in certain circles of handgun owners, the .25 ACP is desirable.

Me...I'd rather have the .357 Magnum! :shooter:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just got off the ph with Taurus and their SS finishs are just that a finish ,not a stainless Steel. they are bead blasted electromatic SS finish. Basically a SS coating. kinda tricky the way they advertise a SS one place then call it a SS finish else where. Got one coming we will see how it holds up .If i was aware of that I might have saved a few bux and just bought the blue ,At least that could be touched up if it wears the edges ~~RR~~

·
Registered
239 Posts
So that means. That I just took off all the finish of my stainless gun and polished the regular steel. Awesome!!!!

Cheers,
Mad
HA!! I kinda doubt that ,but ya polished the blasted part away and it look good..~~~RR~~

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Very good chance that the entire frame is aluminum with that stainless finish. The only things that tend to be steel are moving parts and barrels.

·
Registered
239 Posts
They told me carbon steel and I know a magnet sticks to it ,so not aluminium .~~RR~~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts