Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A small, 10-round version of the TX22, striker fired, with or without manual safety, maybe 10-12 oz loaded, perfect for pocket carry.

The Taurus TX22CCW. If they built one, would you buy it?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
That is an interesting concept that Taurus might well look into. There are those that may not be able to deal with the recoil of a larger caliber that it will appeal to. To me, the .22 would be a less effective attractive to the many small .380s and 9mm pistols available. However, the TX platform is a good one and it certainly would be better to carry than nothing at all.

·
Registered
163 Posts
hum --striker fired and no safety in my front pocket , not for me . each to their own . the ruger weighs 11.2
.oz by the way with a real steel slide . not sure why a magazine safety is a issue in gun this size one way or
the other .

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hum --striker fired and no safety in my front pocket , not for me . each to their own . the ruger weighs 11.2
.oz by the way with a real steel slide . not sure why a magazine safety is a issue in gun this size one way or
the other .
No diff if the 'striker fired pistol'is in a pocket holster or belt holster. Trigger is covered, it's safe. Magazine safety is just another unnecessary feature, something else that can go wrong. The simpler the gun, the better, and less chance of malfunction during a lifesaving moment.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i`ve had my Ruger lite rack lcp .22 in my front pocket since we got that first $1200 government check . it replaced my taurus
pt 22 which i liked ,but mine was getting worn out . both pretty good mouse guns -------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts