Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago I went to the LGS with the intent to get the TX22. Unfortunately they had none in stock and non of their distributors and any in stock either.

Instead of ordering and waiting, the enabler behind the counter, knowing I like the 1911 platform, showed me a GSG 1911 22 long rifle. I had heard they were junk, but after handling it I thought it wasn’t half bad, so I spent my gun money on the GSG and promptly ordered some parts to make it even better as I am want to do with any 1911 I buy. Bottom line is I am happy with my purchase. It has proven itself to be accurate, not had it long enough to determine durability.

Problem is, I still want a TX22. I have been reading the threads here on the TX22, seems to mostly be positive thoughts on the pistol here and elsewhere.

OK you Taurus enablers, tell me why I should be happy with the GSG and my well used Ruger MKII and forget about the TX22.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Well you should be happy with your GSG. Actually I'm kind of surprised to read the comment about it being junk. Mine has been a great little pistol. The only issue I have had with it is it became a little ammo sensitive when I put after market parts in it. Otherwise it has been great! So enjoy your GSG and save your pennies for when the TX22 is available at your LGS!

·
Super Moderator
27,124 Posts
Love my GSG 22! So do about 6 other people!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Glad that you like the GSG and the Ruger. But when you get a chance, try the TX22. The trigger is really nice and you can dry fire it. That's one advantage over the other two. It also holds 16 and can be taken down in a few seconds. I don't think you can't do that with the other two.

·
9,093 Posts
Wait a minute...you want us to enable you to buy a TX22????? I have reviewed the TX22 and it is an amazing 22LR platform. So ok...I heretofore enable Ye to sell your old 22 and get a new one.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
Love my GSG 22! So do about 6 other people!
YEP!
I got the Sig Sauer but its the same gun as its made by GSG for Sig.
better grips and different color finishes but everything else is the same.

Reactions: darbo and rodfair

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Glad that you like the GSG and the Ruger. But when you get a chance, try the TX22. The trigger is really nice and you can dry fire it. That's one advantage over the other two. It also holds 16 and can be taken down in a few seconds. I don't think you can't do that with the other two.

You can dry fire modern 22 caliber handguns without a problem. In fact, you have to dry fire the Ruger Mark to take it apart for cleaning. There are many 22 pistols that do not lock back after the last round. They do not get damaged when dry fired. Most modern 22 pistol have a firing pin lock in the bolt that prevents the firing pin from going far enough forward to contact the breech face.

GSG does not manufacture the 1911 for Sig. They are Sig. Sig purchased GSG about 3 years or so ago.

Don

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Ruger Mark IV manual says that a snap cap should be used for dry fire practice and only occasional dry firing should be done without one. Definitely can't dry fire my SW 22a without a snap cap but it was made about ten years ago.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait a minute...you want us to enable you to buy a TX22????? I have reviewed the TX22 and it is an amazing 22LR platform. So ok...I heretofore enable Ye to sell your old 22 and get a new one.
who said anything about selling?

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can do what I did. Go to Davidson's Gun Genie and choose a manual safety or a non-manual safety TX22. They will ship it out and you will have it in two days. You also get a Davidson's Lifetime Warranty. If something goes wrong, Davidsons will replace the gun. You don't have to send it to Taurus.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My intent was to purchase from Davidson’s. My LGS is maybe 30 - 45 minutes from the Davidson’s warehouse. I can order and they pick up, same day or no later than next day. At the time they had none available.

·
Registered
829 Posts
You can do what I did. Go to Davidson's Gun Genie and choose a manual safety or a non-manual safety TX22. They will ship it out and you will have it in two days. You also get a Davidson's Lifetime Warranty. If something goes wrong, Davidsons will replace the gun. You don't have to send it to Taurus.
That is valuable info. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just checked and Gun Genie shows 99 in stock for both the manual safety and the non-manual safety TX22.
yes, I know. That’s what prompted me starting this thread. But they were not available when I bought the GSG.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Any Taurus I buy will be bought from Davidson’s because of my displeasure of dealing with Taurus customer service. I will deal with Davidson’s, they can deal with Taurus.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go buy the TX and then you have a reason to get a suppressor.

Maloy
But...but...but...I can screw a suppressor on the GSG as well???

Reactions: BangBang

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
But...but...but...I can screw a suppressor on the GSG as well???

and of course!
There is always the ever popular DUCT TAPE as well!

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
That is valuable info. Thanks.
That's the main reason that I went through Davidsons to buy my First Tanfoglio (EAA) Witness in 10 MM, there was occasion for the 10 MM to crack a slide on the earlier models and so I went for the guarantee.
But I have purchased several weapon through Davidsons mostly for availability ( Elite match 38 Super, Elite Match 10 MM) and the price.
one particular Davidsons up front business here typically sales the weapons out the door 40-50-60 bucks below other shops prices on the same weapon.
I try to support local gun shops especially my range/gun shop but I ask them IF they can meet the price and if not then I go through Davidsons for the better price.
2 day delivery is norm here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts