Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered if anyone can help me out with this. I have a new TX22. Super accurate. Can put 16rds in a 2" circle at 10 yards without slow shooting it. Gun is fun and accurate. Shot about 300rds in one session with only one bad round.

Here comes the issue......I installed the threaded adapter, slapped on my SIG 22lr can and now I am in an 11" circle at the same distance????

I put the can on my Walther P22 to compair and I am shooting a 2" circle at 10 yards (and inch and a half lower than point of aim).
Took the can off the TX22, but left the adaptor on and I am back to the 2" circle.
Tried subs and supers with no difference.
Suppressor on and it is wildly inaccurate.
Went home, cleaned the TX22 and the suppressor. Adaptor was on straight and tight, no baffle strikes on the suppressor.
Shot it again with the can and got the same results @ 7 yards????????

What could this be attributed to? Watched plenty of Youtube videos (Plinkster22, M.A.C. and Mr.Gunsngear), no one has this issue but me????????

Thanks in advance or any help!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
You may have an alignment issue with the adapter. The bullets may be clipping a baffle. In short, don't use it until you get it checked out. It may be damaging your suppressor.

You could remove the barrel, mount the suppressor on it and see if a wood 3/16" or better yet a 5mm dowel rod goes through without touching anything or see if one side is off center.

One other thing, don't use a wave washer or o-ring, and make sure the suppressor seats all the way against the adapter flange.

Maloy

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
What brand is the supressor? Call the mfg before shooting much more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the factory adapter on and it looks fine. All baffles in the suppressor look perfect. I will try the dowel idea. Thanks

You may have an alignment issue with the adapter. The bullets may be clipping a baffle. In short, don't use it until you get it checked out. It may be damaging your suppressor.

You could remove the barrel, mount the suppressor on it and see if a wood 3/16" or better yet a 5mm dowel rod goes through without touching anything or see if one side is off center.

One other thing, don't use a wave washer or o-ring, and make sure the suppressor seats all the way against the adapter flange.

Maloy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a SIG SRDX22. Works with my Walther P22, Ruger Rimfire bolt action and my S&W AR-15 22.
Wonder if it is throwing off the barrel harmonics? Out of all my guns the TX22 is the only one without a fixed barrel.
What brand is the supressor? Call the mfg before shooting much more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts