Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new TX22 Competition SCR today, and I noticed this gap between the slide to frame at front of pistol. I didn't notice it at my FFL dealer when picking it up, although I would have still probably accepted the transfer. I'm hoping it doesn't affect the functionality, but appearance why, I think it looks horrible. Doesn't speak well to the quality of manufacturing. Has anyone else experienced this with their TX22 and if so, did you end up sending it back to Taurus to correct? In the pictures, you can see I can squeeze the gap closed. Never had this on any other pistol I own.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

Finger Thumb Camera accessory Auto part Trigger

Finger Camera accessory Thumb Gun accessory Auto part

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
While that does seem a bit off, especially since the gap can be pinched together like that, it's important to note that a lot of modern polymer frame pistols have a visible gap between the slide and frame, especially lower cost ones.

Glocks, Smith & Wesson, and Ruger Pistols have gaps between the slide and frame. So as long as it doesn't impede function, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

That being said, if it bothers you, contact Taurus, see what they say about it. They'll either reassure that it's within spec and no cause for concern, or ask you to send it in for repair/replacement.

·
23,949 Posts
I have seen countless polymer handguns that have that gap. No functional issues at all. Wouldn't give it a moment's thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts