Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TX22 competition's red dot mounting plate has 3 sets of threaded holes to attach the red dot. My Crimson Trace 1250 fits the correct plate config perfectly but the screws provided by CT do not fit. The holes are of different sizes but I can't find the info anywhere. M2, M2.5, M3, 6x32 or what? You would think it would be in the manual but that's apparently asking too much.
22 Plinkster on YouTube has one on his so I know it can be done.
Any help?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Also have the Crimson Trace 1250. Purchased an assortment of screws and here is what worked for me. Screw Spec: M4 x 0.7 , Nut diameter: 5.0mm, Effective Length: 10.1mm, Wrench: T10

Enjoy your TX22 Competition.

edit: Just to confirm, used the holes farthest back on the mount that are shown on the attachment/photo Alfonse provided. Thanks again Alfonse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also have the Crimson Trace 1250. Purchased an assortment of screws and here is what worked for me. Screw Spec: M4 x 0.7 , Nut diameter: 5.0mm, Effective Length: 10.1mm, Wrench: T10

Enjoy your TX22 Competition.
Thanks for the reply. I did finally find in the manual the stated screw size, 6/32 flat head, on page 40/41 exploded view and parts list. The length is not stated. One set of screws provided by CT fit the middle set of holes perfectly, but the other 2 hole sets were so tight I was afraid to torque them down... hence my misconception that they were different sizes. There must be, at least on my TX22 Comp, some poor or out of spec hole threading. The ct1250 wants to use the forward most set of holes so i took a chance with the screws that fit the middle set. Applied lock tite blue and torqued them down. They were very tight but did not strip and seated fully. I also confirmed as others have found out later that the mounting plate itself is has no thread lock applied, so I did that as well. Hope I never have to take the 1250 off. On to the range.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts