Taurus Firearm Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie here. Sadly my tx22 suffered the slide break mentioned above. I really like the gun and would like having to run again. I called Taurus and was told by the rep that they had not heard of this problem and it was probaby the ammo I was using. I don't believe there is a 22lr made that could do that. To those that have delt with Taurus over this, what has been your experience? I don't want to add $50 shipping to a $300 gun and they tell me it is not their problem. I would have a $350 gun living in Georgia . Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sucks, call again to get a different CS rep.

BTW, a new slide with recoil spring is $99: TaurusTX™ 22 Slide & Recoil Spring Kit
Thank you. I took it to my LGS this evening that I bought it from. I told him what was going on . He said he ships guns all the time for $30. He also gave me some peace of mind by saying Taurus would fix it under the warranty. He said he recently sent a revolver to them that they don't make anymore and they replaced it with a new revolver. I left him with a big thank you and $30.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you. I took it to my LGS this evening that I bought it from. I told him what was going on . He said he ships guns all the time for $30. He also gave me some peace of mind by saying Taurus would fix it under the warranty. He said he recently sent a revolver to them that they don't make anymore and they replaced it with a new revolver. I left him with a big thank you and $30.
There are more details of this issue in other forums and maybe other discussions at this forum website. Some buy the newer Lakeline recoil spring assembly that includes what they call a buffer that is a washer made out of Delrin--a material used in automotive suspension components. It should be much more durable than nylon washer that one person used in his Lakeline recoil spring assembly that did not include a buffer as it was the prior part version. The Lakeline parts may be disassembled once the thread lock is heated up.

Lakeline sells just the spring. If one looks at the image from their website listing they can see the last loop of the coil is ground down flat. It may reduce or eliminate the gouging of the slide. Some TX22 owners ground down the end of the original spring. One may be able to do it with the spring of the guide but it easier to do it off the guide. One may unwind the spring off the end of the original guide using what some thought was a chipped end of the guide. It is very difficult to get the spring back on by hand. I did it while wearing good mechanics work gloves. I came across a post somewhere regarding removing the spring. I think they may have used a drill for spring install. I ground it down in case I ever want to reinstall it but I am now using the Lakeline part.

I bought my TX22 in December and had some marks on the slide after just 64 rounds while using the original recoil assembly. I waited until I received the Lakeline replacement part before I used it again.

Some corporations may calculate that it is cheaper for them to keep using the original design even though they know some parts will continue to fail.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts