Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had mentioned in another post that I have lubed my TX22 with molybdenum disulfide. I used Molybdenum Disulfide, >98%, Super Fine Grade Powder 1-2 micron avg. by MicroLubrol (MicroLubrol - Home). The one ounce bottle will last a long time. The moly gives a metallic sheen to the coated parts. I fired 100 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag with no problems. In these photos all I did was remove the slide/barre/recoil spring from the frame. I did NO cleaning or anything to change the appearance of the pistol. There is no signs of wear of any kind. The pistol is quite clean after the 100 rounds.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts
Well, that'll keep the rimfire rounds from getting duds from lube intrusion. :D Dry lube is probably the way to go on rimfires especially, though I don't have any.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Before I ever fired my TH9 I applied a thin mix of Moly & Kroil to the sear/hammer surfaces along with the hammer spring strut. I thumbed the hammer up & down for a few days breaking-in the surfaces. The trigger on my TH9 is smooth as a babies butt! Also, my TH9 does not exhibit that double-reset that has been seen on a couple review vids. Just one distinctive, 'click' for a reset every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts