Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not dense but, when flaming lawyers get involved common language is thrown out. I've gone to several websites searching for a simple yes or no answer and get mixed nonsense.
My Texas friends, can I conceal carry in church in Texas?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
... not that a second opinion is needed, but... yes you can carry in church as long as there is no 30.06 or 30.07 posted notification. See attached. In fact, my church and Pastor have acknowledged and publicly stated that carry in church is acceptable. And they have not discouraged it, either.

https://www.txcumc.org/txoc

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
My church supports concealed carry. So much so, that two TLC classes have been conducted in the church fellowship hall in the past couple of years. Members and outsiders alike have been welcome.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Likewise in my church. In fact our greeters at the front door conceal carry and act as security during the service. They are all active LEOs. One is the County Constable who runs a shooting school and CCL classes. Members are not discouraged from carrying either.

·
Super Moderator
20,062 Posts
I’m kinda feeling like what the dinosaurs felt like. Us common sense, gun lovin’ firearm carriers may be an extinct species one day.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to Easter service. No signage on the doors so, I walked in. Church runs about 1200 people. They really do want to make a statement to the public about safety though, at least 3 badged and open carry officers in plain clothes that I saw. Thanks for the timely responses.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
I carry at church every week. My previous pastor was extremely pro-carry, he encouraged anybody with an LTC to carry and he carried as well. As said, as long as there is no correct signage, you are fine. And, I've never - not once - seen signage on a church doors.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Texas law is written somewhat confusingly on this subject. It specifically singles our churches as a prohibited place, but then adds "if effective notice is given." That confuses some people into thinking places of worship are automatically off limits, but they are not.

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
The Texas law is written somewhat confusingly on this subject. It specifically singles our churches as a prohibited place, but then adds "if effective notice is given." That confuses some people into thinking places of worship are automatically off limits, but they are not.
And that's exactly why one should take the class seriously, and pay attention. Even take notes. Lots of hidden gems in there.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I've not seen a church yet that has the 30.06 or 30.07 sign displayed . Classes have been offered in the church I go to the past 5 yrs . More than 50% preachers carry in the pulpit . If your unsure ask your preacher , if he says no then don't .

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
I've not seen a church yet that has the 30.06 or 30.07 sign displayed .
I can't say I ever have either. I'm sure they are out there though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts