Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
58 days from application to manufacturing as of today. Yipe!!!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its good to be on that "short list!"

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
DPS website said mailed on 6/11, postmarked 6/14, arrived in SE Texas this afternoon.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good for you, Congrats!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. FYI; it was over a month before the status changed for mine on the web site from not rec'ed to in progress.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update; checked the DPS site today, just for the heck of it, and it read as "mailed!" That was super quick from manufacturing to mailed. Wally Walk coming sooner than I thought......I'm ready.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chl app.PNG
Done, bam!!!!

·
Banned
401 Posts
Howdy nut,

Congrats!

Don't forget to start a thread about your Wally Walk.

Paul

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Congrats on getting something we shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get.
Be smart and safe.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update; checked the DPS site today, just for the heck of it, and it read as "mailed!" That was super quick from manufacturing to mailed. Wally Walk coming sooner than I thought......I'm ready.
Whelp, it's all over except the carry...CHL came in the mail today. Maybe they are getting faster in Austin, although I can't see it with summer vacations, and less workers on the job. But mine changed to mailed on the 18th, post marked the 19th, and arrived today, the 21st. Ready for the walk this weekend, and i'm on vaca until the 1st!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think they are getting faster. They received my paperwork on June 4. My online status went from no change to manufacturing pending in one day... June 19 .... And to mailed on the 20th! I'm thinking I'll have it in hand after 21 days!

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
One of my coworkers, a former deputy sheriff, sent his to DPS certified mail - return receipt on April 1.

For almost a month, the DPS website says that it is waiting on the background check.

He emailed them about 2 weeks ago, and received a canned response; he called them earlier this week and they could not tell him anything.

When this happened last summer to one of my neighbors, he went to the office of our local state senator, Tommy Williams. In the senator's office were several NRA awards, and other pro-gun memorabilia. While the senator was not there, his aide called her contact at DPS. He received his CHL in the mail 3 days later.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Texas deputy, I'm not sure I understand, and think you would know. Is is the volume of apps they have? Is it they need a better system foe processing? Do some apps get peferentale treatment? It seems with the increase of apps because of the times we live in today, app processes would be updated to handle the volume. Imo it appears the managers in the department aren't keeping up with the times. Please correct me if I'm wrong.......

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
From what I have heard, it was the increase in the volume of applications that has bogged down the system.

I am unaware of any preferential treatment, other than the "squeaky wheel" that calls a state rep. like my neighbor did last year.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Texas deputy, I'm not sure I understand, and think you would know. Is is the volume of apps they have? Is it they need a better system foe processing? Do some apps get peferentale treatment? It seems with the increase of apps because of the times we live in today, app processes would be updated to handle the volume. Imo it appears the managers in the department aren't keeping up with the times. Please correct me if I'm wrong.......
+1. I agree!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts