Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my TX 22 over the summer and just now had a chance to take it to the range.

It shoots beautifully. Hardly any recoil and very smooth.

However, The adjustable Sights kept self-adjusting after every shot. After I tried to zero the rear sight in, they just kept falling out of zero. In fact, the adjustment screws are very loose. You can literally see that the screws were moving after every shot.

Does anyone else have the same problem? I know they are cheap plastic sights, but, damn. They are worthless if they can't even hold a zero.

·
Administrator
35,758 Posts
Maybe somebody will come up with replacement sights for them at some point. In the meantime, you could use a dab of Locktite on the screw, I'm guessing, and use them like normal sights that you can't adjust. Just a thought.

I held a TX-22 in my hands at the gun show on Saturday, I can't say I've ever held a more ergonomic gun before, ever. I really love the way it feels, and I may end up buying one at some point.

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
Like TTG said. I have several guns that have required Loctite. I don't actually put it on the threads, however. After getting it adjusted, I put a tiny dab on the edge of the head. That's enough to hold it.

·
Super Moderator
22,009 Posts
I use the blue Loctite 248. It comes in a chapstick type container and make putting in on small threads a whole lot easier. You can get it on Amazon for the same price. If I link to Amazon it gives you my private accout.

"Loctite 826034 $15.50 Threadlocker 248, 0.32 oz., Stick, Blue 248(TM) | Zoro.com" Loctite 826034 $15.50 Threadlocker 248, 0.32 oz., Stick, Blue 248(TM) | Zoro.com

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts