Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KY Gun Co......Got the ad yesterday. For some reason, I can't copy/paste the ad, but you can go find it. My apologies if I am not supposed to post info related to non-supporting vendors. Just trying to help out those who are "on the fence" in buying one.

·
Super Moderator
35,435 Posts
Meh, I wanna put my hands on one before I consider the purchase.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meh, I wanna put my hands on one before I consider the purchase.
I hear ya. Considering what I paid for some of my other really good 22lr pistols with excellent warranties when they were on sale, $259 feels about like what I would be willing to part with for a TX-22 at this point.

Reactions: pradeep1

·
Super Moderator
35,435 Posts
I hear ya. Considering what I paid for some of my other really good 22lr pistols with excellent warranties when they were on sale, $259 feels about like what I would be willing to part with for a TX-22 at this point.
Yeah, 300+ is solid Ruger/Browning territory. It'd better be an excellent pistol.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yep, considering the excellent and proven Ruger SR22 can be had right now for $269.99 from Outpost Armory and a M&P22 is going for $272.00 at LockedLoaded.com, I am going to wait for the hullabaloo to die down a bit and once Taurus starts putting these puppies in every distributor's hands, I see the price floating down to around the $250 mark. That's a price point I'd be willing to bite.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yep, considering the excellent and proven Ruger SR22 can be had right now for $269.99 from Outpost Armory and a M&P22 is going for $272.00 at LockedLoaded.com, I am going to wait for the hullabaloo to die down a bit and once Taurus starts putting these puppies in every distributor's hands, I see the price floating down to around the $250 mark. That's a price point I'd be willing to bite.
I agree. I think the price will start dropping soon enough.

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
The couple of these that have gone on GunBroker both went over $300. With shipping and transfer fees, I'm guessing near or over $350. I'm surprised people are on there buying for that price.
I am not!
ITS NEW---I GOTS TO HAVE ONE--I want to be the only guy on the block with one so I can show it around!
same with most things actually.

Reactions: PreacherRodgers

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The couple of these that have gone on GunBroker both went over $300. With shipping and transfer fees, I'm guessing near or over $350. I'm surprised people are on there buying for that price.
One word........GunBroker. Actually, I like GunBroker. I can't say that I've ever really seen a great deal on any current gun I was looking for on there, but GB is a good resource when you are looking for something that has been out of production for a while. You're still gonna over pay for it, but often you can find what you're looking for.

Reactions: Mark40

·
Registered
32 Posts
Taurus advertises list prices and the irrefutable "Law of Supply and Demand" kicks in. If you wait long enough the TX-22 will be $199, or less. I want one, but I can wait until they are available at a lower price. Remember, the PT111-G2 came down as low as &169.00 after they had been out for a year or so and they must of cost considerably more to produce as the have a heavy steel slide vs an aluminum one on the TX-22.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
Taurus advertises list prices and the irrefutable "Law of Supply and Demand" kicks in. If you wait long enough the TX-22 will be $199, or less. I want one, but I can wait until they are available at a lower price. Remember, the PT111-G2 came down as low as &169.00 after they had been out for a year or so and they must of cost considerably more to produce as the have a heavy steel slide vs an aluminum one on the TX-22.

Hey, I'll take one for $199, but I'd rather wait for the SS (or brushed aluminum, whatever) model. Surely there will be one in a year or so...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, I'll take one for $199, but I'd rather wait for the SS (or brushed aluminum, whatever) model. Surely there will be one in a year or so...
You, me and a million others will want one for under $200. I'm sure we will get our chance reasonably soon. Taurus really has some good engineering and they seem to really be on a roll. I have 2 G-2's and they have been problem free, good shooters and great value. I suspect that the TX-22 will follow suit.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
It looks like a pistol I want to like a lot, but I think I will wait to see how they do in about six months or so.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I have to agree. The more I think about this pistol and its 1 year warranty, along with no parts support unless you pay and ship it back to Miami..........it is going to take a sub-$200 price tag to get me to bite.

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
I have to agree. The more I think about this pistol and its 1 year warranty, along with no parts support unless you pay and ship it back to Miami..........it is going to take a sub-$200 price tag to get me to bite.
"[N]o parts support unless you" "ship it back". Is this based on Taurus's reputation for a lack of parts, or have you heard some official word that they will not provide parts to the public?

·
Super Moderator
35,435 Posts
They had none in stock at Academy yesterday. I ended up walking out of there with a TH9C. I'd been looking at that gun a lot and like the manual of operations, the firepower, and the caliber. I think I'd picked it up even if they'd HAD a TX22. Maybe pick one up in the future, don't know, but at over 300 bucks, they had a Browning buckmark in inventory there that looks tempting. I don't own a Browning of ANY kind and the Buckmark is one I can afford. :laugh:

Reactions: Mark40 and Alfonse

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"[N]o parts support unless you" "ship it back". Is this based on Taurus's reputation for a lack of parts, or have you heard some official word that they will not provide parts to the public?
Generally, Taurus' parts support as a whole has been well under what one would receive from many other manufacturers (Smith, Ruger, KelTec, Hi-Point, to name a few). Either they don't have the part you need, and have no true idea when they will, or they have it, but want you to return the gun to Miami for repair.....aside from a short time at the start of the warranty, that'll be on YOUR dime (again, unlike MANY other manufacturers that will email you a return slip). I heave read nothing official. Just going by what I have read and experienced.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
The price will be higher. The gun is made in the U.S. Support American made products.
That being said, I was shopping for one over the weekend and my price is about 260.00 tops.
I guess I'll have to wait until the rush is over. I can't find any under 300.00

1 - 20 of 23 Posts