Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zero issues other than ammo. Doesn’t like sub sonic while suppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am just curious, have you noticed any wear on the inside front of your slide caused by the recoil spring? I, and several more people have seen various levels of wear and I am just curious whether you, after 1000 rounds see any. I've attached a photo of mine after 350 rounds.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I took a picture of mine today, after over 5,000 rounds it looks worse than either of yours. I'm thinking of adding either a Delrin, or moderately hard Nylon washer there. I'm going to send a picture to Taurus on it and their crappy moon clip quality.

I'll post a picture after I retrieve my camera from the truck.

Maloy

·
Registered
77 Posts
I took a picture of mine today, after over 5,000 rounds it looks worse than either of yours. I'm thinking of adding either a Delrin, or moderately hard Nylon washer there. I'm going to send a picture to Taurus on it and their crappy moon clip quality.

Sorry to hear this, after my slide literally cracked because of it, Taurus replaced the slide but did not solve the problem. I got rid of the gun and got rid of Taurus as a viable product to purchase.

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Glad you're liking yours.

The barrel quality seems to be hit or miss. Some folks have had bad barrels, more than once. My first TX22 has mild chattering but it doesn't seem to affect my accuracy or lead fouling in the barrel. I've got 700 rounds through it with zero malfunctions of any sort. I've since bought another in FDE that I've put 200 rounds through with no failures either. It has no chattering at all that I can see. I got this second one for $251 before the $50 rebate. Not bad.

I feel bad for the folks who are experiencing bad barrels. I guess I just got lucky with mine. I'll continue to enjoy them until something goes wrong. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

I'll keep an eye out for the wear on the inside front of the slide.

·
Super Moderator
40,577 Posts
I shot a TX22 when I was in Rapid City. Nice shooter and easy to empty the mag rapid fire and stay on target. If I was in the market I would grab one.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
36,587 Posts
Look at 1 O'clock to 3 O'clock. Material is not only shaved, it's deforming into the barrel hole. I need to make a buffer.

Maloy
HMM?
now who would have thought that a hole in an aluminum frame would not hold up to a sharp steel spring over time????

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Mostly CCI standard velocity or Aguila standard velocity. I like running a suppressor once in a while and standard velocity is sub sonic most of the time out of a rifle. CCI standard velocity target runs at 1070 fps. Very little high velocity runs in my TX or Ruger .22/45 Lite.

What's interesting, my CZ P-07 Kadet has a washer at the end of the spring and is an aluminum slide as well. NO DAMAGE! and probably has had as much ammo run through it.

There are some extremely hard anodizing processes out there. CZ has a good process. So I suspect it also contributes to wear reduction.

Maloy

What ammo do you use mostly?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Taurus has a picture of my slide. If anyone else is concerned, go to the service chat and attach a picture of your slide for them to look at. I requested they show it to their engineering staff and think about a buffer for it. I have some Shock Buff material around here someplace, and I'll make one from it before I look at Delrin, brass or steel washers.

On another subject, I sent them a picture of a moon clip issue and they are sending new moon clips to try.

Maloy

·
Registered
36,587 Posts
Taurus has a picture of my slide. If anyone else is concerned, go to the service chat and attach a picture of your slide for them to look at. I requested they show it to their engineering staff and think about a buffer for it. I have some Shock Buff material around here someplace, and I'll make one from it before I look at Delrin, brass or steel washers.

On another subject, I sent them a picture of a moon clip issue and they are sending new moon clips to try.

Maloy
IT makes one (Me) wonder , as I understand it this TX was in the works for quite a while, I would think it was field tested before release with the number of problems that the Spectrum and other newly released weapons have had out of the box.
With the problem with the slide/recoil assembly occurring at such low numbers of rounds, and then the bad barrel issue it begs to ask just how much review and quality control observations were done prior to release

1 - 20 of 48 Posts