Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I miss something here? Been looking for a PT92 two tone. There are none to be found. Did Taurus stop production of it?

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
The Duo Tones seem to sell out quickly. CDNN had them recently if I remember correctly, might want to check there.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
This is getting weirder every day. Academy only shows two Taurus on their web site and CDNN shows NONE. Bud's seems to have quite a few (no two-tone). Academy has always had a large inventory and selection of Taurus - CDNN not so much selection but quite a few in stock depth wise - for both to go to almost nothing is a surprise.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
This is getting weirder every day. Academy only shows two Taurus on their web site and CDNN shows NONE. Bud's seems to have quite a few (no two-tone). Academy has always had a large inventory and selection of Taurus - CDNN not so much selection but quite a few in stock depth wise - for both to go to almost nothing is a surprise.
CDNN currently has no Taurus pistols listed for sale.
That does seems a little strange.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I even checked the Taurus web site, & they only show the blue or the SS.

Good idea ALL2Kool. I already have the SS model.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
OK, closest I can find:
$290 for the PT92DT
$25 my cost for shipping to me
$20 FFL transfer fee

My FFL charges $40 to package, ship and transfer to your FFL.

$375 Delivered. I kind of have a rule of not making a profit on fire arm sale to T/A Members.

It is new in box, two 17 round magazine, orange box, orange bag all paper work as new.

You can ask around, I'm pretty good at being who I am, keeping my work, and honest as the day is long.

MODS: Please understand, this was/is not meant to be a classified listing, only a effort to assist a member in his search.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I kind of have a rule of not making a profit on fire arm sale to T/A Members.
Now there is a great forum member.

Admittedly, I've never made a transaction where I broke even or lost money. I airways seem to come out ahead and if I posted what I am into for my signature of pistols, y'all would want to make me an offer for the lot of them. I've never cheated anyone in a deal. I peruse the classifieds, jump on something I may want, add a few things to the package and resell or trade it down the road if I decide to part with it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, closest I can find:
$290 for the PT92DT
$25 my cost for shipping to me
$20 FFL transfer fee

My FFL charges $40 to package, ship and transfer to your FFL.

$375 Delivered. I kind of have a rule of not making a profit on fire arm sale to T/A Members.

It is new in box, two 17 round magazine, orange box, orange bag all paper work as new.

You can ask around, I'm pretty good at being who I am, keeping my work, and honest as the day is long.

MODS: Please understand, this was/is not meant to be a classified listing, only a effort to assist a member in his search.
I found one up here for $400 OTD. Would work out about the same. I appreciate your effort. An honest man is hard to find.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
I found one up here for $400 OTD. Would work out about the same. I appreciate your effort. An honest man is hard to find.
Congratulations on finding one locally, they are impressive firearms once you get to know each others likes and habits.

If you really want to make it a looker I would suggest a pair of Hogue rubber grip panels and then add some stainless screws to the grips. I went with the Beretta hex head screws and they look great. Of course if going with the Beretta screws don't forget to also order screw bushings for using them on the Taurus. Well worth the investment. On the other hand, aluminum grips with black screws look pretty darn nice too.

·
Super Moderator
35,697 Posts
Congratulations on finding one locally, they are impressive firearms once you get to know each others likes and habits.

If you really want to make it a looker I would suggest a pair of Hogue rubber grip panels and then add some stainless screws to the grips. I went with the Beretta hex head screws and they look great. Of course if going with the Beretta screws don't forget to also order screw bushings for using them on the Taurus. Well worth the investment. On the other hand, aluminum grips with black screws look pretty darn nice too.
I put the Hogues on mine hoping for a thinner grip profile. It didn't work that way, but I am still really happy with the look and feel versus the plastic OEM panels.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I am glad the OP found the duo tone 92 he was looking for. I love mine and think it is one of the best looking pistols on the market - in the duo tone. But how about that jonrjen? What a stand-up guy to offer up his pistol for what he has into it! I was going to give him my seal of approval before the OP found one on his own, but I am still inclined to offer up my backing for any others that might need some assurance. I have not bought from him, but have seen posts from several members here who have and their reports are always 100% positive on him!

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
I put the Hogues on mine hoping for a thinner grip profile. It didn't work that way, but I am still really happy with the look and feel versus the plastic OEM panels.
I think the only way to achieve a thinner grip profile on the PT92 would be to remove the factory grips wrap the grip frame with a piece of flint or sand paper and tape it in place. That or a wrap of two of Duct Tape. LOL!!!

·
Super Moderator
35,697 Posts
I think the only way to achieve a thinner grip profile on the PT92 would be to remove the factory grips wrap the grip frame with a piece of flint or sand paper and tape it in place. That or a wrap of two of Duct Tape. LOL!!!

Maybe thin titanium panels? Where are our metal workers? :cool:

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am glad the OP found the duo tone 92 he was looking for. I love mine and think it is one of the best looking pistols on the market - in the duo tone. But how about that jonrjen? What a stand-up guy to offer up his pistol for what he has into it! I was going to give him my seal of approval before the OP found one on his own, but I am still inclined to offer up my backing for any others that might need some assurance. I have not bought from him, but have seen posts from several members here who have and their reports are always 100% positive on him!
I agree. That was a nice thing for jonrjen to do. My hat's off to you. Their are some really good members on this forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts