Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
screams of "GUUUUUN!!" but nobody batted an eye while he was being attacked. The camera holder was just more interested in getting the beating, it seemed.

Surprised he didn't get arrested for "brandishing"

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Can't open link....

Don

·
Registered
969 Posts
Lately, Tom Gresham has been talking about the latest trend in criminal attacks, that being the potential that you will be attacked by multiple criminals. As of now, that average is 2.8 per. When he finished talking about it this past Sunday he added the comment, "Hmmm, kinda makes you think about that 5 shot revolver thing." ;)

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
All I can say is, amazing restraint on the part of the victim. Don't know I would have had that much self-control in a similar situation.

And I agree it seems the patrons were more interested in getting the fight recorded than doing anything to help. Kitty Genovese, anyone? And as has been cited throughout the forum, when the poop hits the prop the only person you can really count on to help you is... yourself.

·
Super Moderator
37,232 Posts
Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
It's not really surprising -- if you are being attacked, don't expect ANYONE to step out of a crowd to help you. They'll be too busy getting it on their cameras so they can post it or sell it, depending on the outcome.

The victim showed a LOT of restraint, and escalated his response to being attacked almost too gradually. After the two pushed him against the wall and tried to slam his head against the bricks, he tried to use pepper spray but it got taken away from him before he could use it effectively (question -- if you have pepper spray as a non-lethal, do you have any sort of non-slip on the can, or do you have just the smooth slick metal?).

Once one of his attackers picked up the pepper spray, the victim knew he really was in trouble if they used it against him and at that point he went for his gun. Fortunately, the kid who picked up the pepper spray and tried to use it was just incompetent enough that he sprayed his partner and the guy got his gun into the game. At that point, the attack was over (although I think it was really over when the kid in the red/yellow jacket sprayed his partner in the gray hoodie).

The man did show a LOT of restraint not shooting once the attack was over and the two kids were in flight (if you want to call it that -- they seemed fairly nonchalant walking away). It would have been interesting to see what led up to the attack, how the kids approached him and set him up, that sort of thing. And it would have been a good call to holster the gun once the scene was clear. Hopefully he won't be charged with anything, although his demeanor both during and after the attack seems to show this wasn't his first rodeo; he's got good trigger discipline and is comfortable handling his firearm, including how he shifted it from one hand to the other -- law enforcement background, maybe?

Reactions: BigBlue and darbo

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Lately, Tom Gresham has been talking about the latest trend in criminal attacks, that being the potential that you will be attacked by multiple criminals. As of now, that average is 2.8 per. When he finished talking about it this past Sunday he added the comment, "Hmmm, kinda makes you think about that 5 shot revolver thing." ;)
Not really.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
You don't know they were teens, unless the cops got them. They were young thugs.

A gun being drawn is scary. Someone ELSE getting a whupping ain't.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Reactions: 230JHP

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Looks like Florida's motto is making it north..."Don't &%#* with old people"
Alabama has the highest percentage of concealed carry permits issued to those eligible.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
I was out for my daily walk yesterday about noon, wearing shorts, t shirt, sneakers as it was sunny and warm.
I live in a community of 124 houses and as i served as HOA President on 2 different terms i know likely 90% of the people and vehicles in the neighborhood.
the community has one way in and out and seldom do you see a lot of trafic coming and going that isn't commercial vehicles.
anyhow, so i am strolling along and up comes this car, stops suddenly in the middle of the street, front door opens, driver gets out pretty fast and begins to walk toward me, I stop immediately and face him, he says Hey let em ask you something as he continues to walk toward me, I say loudly Ok what do you want i can hear you from there,
he continues to walk toward me, I cant with my right side back a bit , balanced and reach in my front pocket and grasp the old Sig 365 and loudly say STOP, I can hear you fine from right there!
I guess he finally got the idea that i ahd something that wasn't going to exactly make his day!
he said well I was wondering if you had any yard work or needed your grass cut?
I replied no sir i don't and he got back in the vehicle and left.
never seen the guy or the car before.
Now 99.9% chance he was just innocent and not real street wise but you can never tell.
at the end of the day he left unharmed and so did I, so alls well.
keep your head on straight my friends you need to see it coming if you are going to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Well, so much for Open Carry being a crime deterrent. Dude was in uniform with a sidearm clearly visible. Why hit him??

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Well, so much for Open Carry being a crime deterrent. Dude was in uniform with a sidearm clearly visible. Why hit him??
yea almost like the caliber wars there is a lot of opinions on this!
personally I think that IF I were a bad guy, went into a place to rob it and saw someone with a gun they would be the first one to get taken out as they are the obvious threat?
same IF I was robbing a place already and saw a person with gun approach well--same thing--bang-bang-bang--.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts