Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing around with my Taurus Mil Pro PT111 and trying different grip techniques. I noticed when looking in the mirror that when I hold it with all three fingers on the grip and squeeze that the gun points down. When I use two fingers and the pinky underneath, the gun points naturally straight. I've always had to pay extra close attention to my sights when shooting this gun as it will always try to shoot a tad low. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it. I' haven't been to the range yet to try out my new theory, but the question to my esteemed collegues is thus:
Does anyone here shoot the Mil pro two fingered VS three, and does anyone know if there is a mag without the pinky rest available?
I also shoot a snub revolver this way and find it to be very accurate. So it could just be a carryover habit from it.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I'm fairly confident, but not positive. Most of the mags can be modified with a flat plate for the bottom. The only issue that most of us face is the fact that a two finger hold is hard to manage when shooting at the range with 50-100 rounds through the gun.

Many folks have complained about the Kel-Tel P3AT because of the small hand hold, but most gravitate to wearing a shooting glove at the range. The simple truth is that if you HAVE to shoot it... you won't notice that it is uncomfortable!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nawao,
Thanks for the link. Very instructive. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use three fingers also. I like that the grip affords me the opportunity to do so because two fingers is uncomfortable for me. The grip simply fits me but it doesn't work for my co-workers. I had it out next to another deputy's Glock sub-compact during a range day, and although mine got favorable looks from most, they liked the Glock because it had a fatter grip. When we held them up side by side, you could see the difference in width, and my PT111 simply looked better than his Glock hands down. Some people just don't know what they are missing.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I went a different direction. Picked up a Hogue Handall jr. What a difference gun doesn't nose dive and shoots to point of aim better than ever for both my Wife and I. We took it to the range yesterday and never shot it so well, especially one handed. Highly recommend this product. It positions the hand quite well and I was able to use the pinky rest with no problem.

·
Registered
301 Posts
At the risk of blaspheming, I get a two-finger grip on my P11. The finger extension is out for me, since I pocket carry. Because of this, it is what I've become used to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mag "pinkie" extensions improved my PT111 and KelTec P3AT shooting accuracy and was much more comfortable and natural for me. The PT111 took Pearce extensions, and the KelTec took Bersa extensions; very cheap in either case.

Easy install, but be aware that it is possible to (inadvertantly) knock the extension off and spill the contents (spring, ammo) out of the magazine. I consider this to be workable and an acceptable risk factor for me; others may not. One could SuperGlue or epoxy the extension in place and further minimize this risk.

If 2-fingers works for you, then no need to change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts