Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone loves a happy ending right?...lol. Picked up two great deals today.

A PT709, made in 2017, with a viridian laser, two mags, and 550rds of Blazer/Remington brass fmj for $200
A PT911, made in 2011, only came with the one mag & factory box, nothing else, but got it for $200 at a local gunshop.

My Bodyguard 380 is going back to S&W for yet its 4th time. I simply cannot trust that piece anymore and have been searching for a suitable replacement. I came across the PT709 deal over the weekend and figured, heck, the gun + laser + ammo, that's a no brainer. But while I was burning up time today, before I headed out to that 709 deal, I decided to pop in a favorite gunshop of mine. I'm always looking for that one special priced used gun that probably was beaten on the head with a ugly stick but fires on all cylinders. Sure enough, towards the back of the case was this lonely PT911. I've never held one before until now, and was immediately sold on it. Its got everything I love in a semi auto, safety, decocker, SA/DA, good balance, 15rd capacity, and easy enough to conceal.

I'm also in the process of picking up a S&W 36 tonight for another $250. Its not in the picture as I haven't picked it up, yet...... But I'm am taking these toys to the range tomorrow as I do plan to carry them all at some point.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
You found yourself a couple great deals! I have just the 709 and it has been my reliable EDC for about 6 years now.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nice finds! You did good!

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Congrats, nice find.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I'm jealous of the deal on that 911! Congrats on the run of good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all. Took them to the range today and both performed perfectly. I used el-cheapo Tula steel and was quite proud of the accuracy. Out of 150rds had 3 failure to fire on the 709, 2nd strike took care of that. I noticed on the 709 my shots were a touch to the left, but still center mass. And 911 was flawless in every way, dead nuts center too. I'm very happy with both. Although I gotta admit, not a fan of the laser. Just didn't find much use for it. Gonna throw it up on the market place for anyone interested

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Sounds like you got a couple of nice shooters, Congrats!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have 2 709s and they are great for EDC, but I have recently switched to the G2C. Little bulkier, but not by much, and it holds 12rds.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lucky duck...I wish my local gun shops had good deals on used firearms. In my case, the local gun shops price their used inventory higher (by about 20-25%) than factory new ordered online with FFL transfer fee included! I don't understand why people buy used guns at those ridiculous prices?

·
Administrator
18,161 Posts
Sweet deals! :cool: Congratulations on the PT911 and PT709 and may they serve you well! :smile:

Also glad you had a good day at the Range with both!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts