Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had too much free time on my hands over the past week being on vacation so of course I had to visit the local gun shops. I think they were glad I did, I know I am since I was able to bring home these two pistols I have had on my wish list for some time.
With all the craziness going on now with the COVID-19 pandemic and the racial turmoil that has caused a major shortage of firearms and ammunition, I feel lucky to have found these and didn't have to pay any more than they were selling for six months ago.
20200606_224937.jpg

First up, the S&W M&P EZ 9MM. As a replacement for my Shield 9MM 1.0, everything about this pistol is better and, as the name implies, EASIER. Great trigger, easy to load magazines, lighter slide racking and the rail for mounting a laser as I did. I added the Crimson Trace CMR-201 red laser. This is a pistol that will serve me well as a home defense piece and a secondary EDC.

20200610_210041.jpg
That brings me to my new primary EDC, the Sig P365. This gun is freaking awesome!! Small enough to easily conceal no matter how it is carried, one of the best striker fired triggers out there, terrific tritium sights, and 10 + 1 rounds on board.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Congrats on your new toy's.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Nice gun, but I gotta ask...

If the P365 is your every day gun, what do you carry once every four years on February 29? Does it come with a discount for a P366 or a P1?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice gun, but I gotta ask...

If the P365 is your every day gun, what do you carry once every four years on February 29? Does it come with a discount for a P366 or a P1?
I had not given that any thought. Maybe I can use that as an excuse to the wife so I can get a P365XL.....the XL is for "Extra Leap Year"???

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
you were lucky--well going by around here!
my local favorite range/ gun shop hasn't had anything near those in months now!
they are down to I imagine 30-35 pistols left of what is normally a several hundred handgun choice.
they had 1 used glock in 10 MM, no CZ, No S & W, etc-etc-etc.
other than about eight 1911 DW, Brown, Baer there are no 1911 either.
I think you will really like that Sig 365, got one many months back to replace my Sig 238 and its been a good one.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Nice purchase - good for the economy! Because you gotta get holsters, ammo, cleaning supplies ... :D

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
Congrats on your two new slide guns.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Back May 1st. I went to my local gun store to pick up a S&W 2.0 MP 45 that I'd ordered.

They had just got in a new Sig P365.

Had to have it, and it's my EDC now too. I love everything about it... except the cost of magazines. Mine only came with one mag, got 6 now.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
As the axiom goes..."The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys".

Congratulations on your new acquisitions.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Look like you will be having some fun at the range.:cool:

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
Congratulations on your new 9mm S&W M&P Ez and Sig P365, and may they serve you well! :cool: :smile:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice purchase - good for the economy! Because you gotta get holsters, ammo, cleaning supplies ... :D
You're absolutely correct JimmyA and I have been doing my share. Picked up new leather holsters and about 800 rounds of a variety of ammo from 115gr FMJ to 150gr Federal Syntech to see what they like to shoot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those are some nice looking 'tools' for your tool box. I have been looking around for some to replenish the ones that fell out of that damned canoe.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had not given that any thought. Maybe I can use that as an excuse to the wife so I can get a P365XL.....the XL is for "Extra Leap Year"???
I have both of those handguns. Great choices. The 365 is also my daily carry, even in leap years...so far. A P365XL with an optic speaks to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts