Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[size=10pt][/size]

I bought a 605 hammerless a month ago and a PT945 this week both used slightly and i want to know what to use to clean them with i have never had a stainless before and don't want to screw them up.The PT945 had a box and a half run through it. I took it apart this morning (sure is a lot easier then my P95 ruger) and it has what looks like cosmileen (not sure of the spelling) in it.THANKS in advance

I bought the Taurus because of this forum i was really lookin for a sp101 and after reading through here i went with the Taurus so THANKS. love the 605 but haven't shot the P945 yet

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is what I use on my stainless firearms, though it is safe for blued as well. It cleaned the cosmoline from my firearms where as the gun action cleaners wouldn't.

http://www.gumout.com/product.asp?products=2_1

You don't want it near plastic parts or painted sights. And you will have to re lube the parts and use a silicone rag on the exterior after you are done.

If you don't have access to that type of cleaner, then I'd suggest either WD-40 (it's primary use is as a solvent) or Kerosene as well as some elbow grease...

·
Super Moderator
21,799 Posts
Gun Scrubber in a can works well elbo greese can be expected.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i have gun scrub but didn't use it i bought some hoppe's elite gun cleaner and it woked good. i got both cleaned and even the keltec P3AT

thanks again

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts