Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the local Rural King to handle a Rossi Gallery gun, I liked it and after they brought me out one from the back, that was NIB, I decided to purchase it. The ONLY person there who could process the 4473 had just gone to lunch, and wouldn't be back for an hour. IO wasn't in the mood to wait an hour, so I put the rifle on layaway, and said; "I'll be back for it 1 day next week".

Well on my way back to RK to pick up my Gallery gun, I decided I would take a look at the Rossi Rio Bravo, the .22 lever rifle. Well I liked that one as well!!

Long story short, I came home with both of them.

Unfortunately right after I brought them home, I pinched a nerve in my hip, and have been pretty much incapacitated, so no range report at this time, I'm hoping to be able to get there in the next week or so. I'll follow-up with the report when I can get there.

Here's a 'group' photo:
Air gun Gun barrel Composite material Trigger Gun accessory

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been looking at the lever action one. thinking about buying it. I will keep an eye out for your post. Hope your back on your feet soon.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The gallery gun doesn't look like the traditional gallery gun that Rossi used to put out. It used to be a clone of the Winchester model 62. WTH happened?

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Congratulations on your new rifles, get better so you can shoot them!

Reactions: pegasus and MoMan

·
Super Moderator
38,236 Posts
Fun rifles! Congratulations on the new guns.

Reactions: MoMan

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The gallery gun doesn't look like the traditional gallery gun that Rossi used to put out. It used to be a clone of the Winchester model 62. WTH happened?
They still show the wood socked version on their website, but I preferred the black synthetic stock on both of these. I have other lever action 22 rifles that are wooden stocked, that are more like safe queens, which only come out very infrequently. I wanted a couple of 'knockaround' rifles, and I believe these will fit the bill perfectly. Now to decide if I want to scope either one, or maybe both. The sights are really nice, but being almost 70 y/o the eyes sure could use all of the help they can get. Any suggestions on scopes. I'm thinking I don't want to put anything big on them, so I think I'm going to rule out the BSA Sweet 22 that I usually put on my 22's!!

I'm still not able to get to the range, I'm hoping maybe either later this week, or next week I may be able to do it. Then I'll post a review!!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
..............I'm still not able to get to the range, I'm hoping maybe either later this week, or next week I may be able to do it. Then I'll post a review!!
Yes, that does seem to be a problem for most of us during these post chinese virus days.

Reactions: MoMan

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still haven't been able to get to the range for the 'maiden voyage' of these 2 rifles. The hip is doing better, and I have not had to use a cane the past week or so. I'm planning on heading to my gun club with a Buddy of mine this weekend, and will post a report after that. I'm expecting some GREAT shooting fun, and camaraderie with my Buddy.

I just didn't want you guys to think I got to the range, and just didn't post a report.

Reactions: PTDOUDE
1 - 12 of 12 Posts