Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to ask here as I value TA members opinion (no bs smoke that's just how it is for me).

I've been seeing lots of reviews for Canik TP9SA and Zastava CZ999 both imported by Century Arms.

Does anyone own either of these pistols? Please share your thoughts on either.

Sent using small keyboard and fat fingers.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I'm watching the Canik TP9sa There's a beauty in Desert Tan on GB, I think it's 319.00 buy it now
A bunch of folks are trying to compare it's trigger with the HK VP9 and the Walther PPQ (which are having their own battles) Others are saying it's like the old XD line before they became XD SA
I think they were called something like the T-2000
I don't know anything about the *CZ999. I do know they make great pistols.

And I need another full sized 9mm, like I need another hole in my head.

eta:*after gogglefooing I found it's not related to CZ firearms at all

·
Registered
911 Posts
I really like the looks and ergos of the TP9SA. And it uses BERETTA 92 magazines!!!

But the only downside is that it is made for condition 3 carry. I would have to train for that. I'm a EDC 1911 guy so carrying chamber empty would be a new training adventure.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I really like the looks and ergos of the TP9SA. And it uses BERETTA 92 magazines!!!

But the only downside is that it is made for condition 3 carry. I would have to train for that. I'm a EDC 1911 guy so carrying chamber empty would be a new training adventure.
Chamber empty! :eek:

·
Registered
10,898 Posts

Really? I thought it had a decocker like the TP9.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Yankee Marshall's take on the TP9SA

he doesn't like the fact that that it is a condition 3 carry gun like aznboi pointed out. There are more reasons than just that too.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I don't have that particular Zastava but I've got a couple that I like the quality, price and they go boom when they should.

Wanted to ask here as I value TA members opinion (no bs smoke that's just how it is for me).

I've been seeing lots of reviews for Canik TP9SA and Zastava CZ999 both imported by Century Arms.

Does anyone own either of these pistols? Please share your thoughts on either.

Sent using small keyboard and fat fingers.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If you want a good shooting, comfortable 9mm, find yourself a used TA90 (Tanfoglio) or any other CZ clone, or spend a few extra to get the actual CZ.
In my opinion there is not a more ergonomically correct handgun on the market today.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It's really too big to be a carry gun when there are soo many great options for carry these days! As a house, truck, range, EOTWAWKI gun , I think it would be great! I own the Gen 1 version - here are my reviews from shot 1 on:

Canik TP-9 - Love It! - Glock Talk

Canik55 TP-9 - second range trip - report with pics! - Glock Talk

Aluminum, Steel and Brass -another positve report on my Canik55 TP-9! pics! - Glock Talk

I would LOVE to have the TP9sa (again not as a carry gun).

J&G sales and Aimsurplus have the desert tan versions out now. I would ignore the yakky marshall...he's a screeching women. There are more balanced reviews on youtube...start with Hickok45...

·
Registered
29,905 Posts
I remember in 1986 when GLOCKS were belly-laughed at, then later the same phenomenom with Rock Island Armory 1911's. Today, both brands are well respected.

One day the same will be said of the "Canik" brand.

I've been pleased with every gun of Turkish origin I've purchased and would not hesitate to use one for self defense.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I remember in 1986 when GLOCKS were belly-laughed at, then later the same phenomenom with Rock Island Armory 1911's. Today, both brands are well respected.

One day the same will be said of the "Canik" brand.

I've been pleased with every gun of Turkish origin I've purchased and would not hesitate to use one for self defense.
Well said...you get an "Amen!" from me!

·
Registered
566 Posts
CZ999 is the biggest "steal of a deal" going in the handgun world.

I love mine and it's definitely a keeper in my book. I have two custom grips from Tillander and had the slide Cerakoted because the OEM bluing is weak.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
That is sweet! I love my P229 and that looks like a close copy. Is that 9 or .40?

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
CZ999 is the biggest "steal of a deal" going in the handgun world.

I love mine and it's definitely a keeper in my book. I have two custom grips from Tillander and had the slide Cerakoted because the OEM bluing is weak.
Good looking pistol

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's really too big to be a carry gun when there are soo many great options for carry these days! As a house, truck, range, EOTWAWKI gun , I think it would be great! I own the Gen 1 version - here are my reviews from shot 1 on:

Canik TP-9 - Love It! - Glock Talk

Canik55 TP-9 - second range trip - report with pics! - Glock Talk

Aluminum, Steel and Brass -another positve report on my Canik55 TP-9! pics! - Glock Talk

I would LOVE to have the TP9sa (again not as a carry gun).

J&G sales and Aimsurplus have the desert tan versions out now. I would ignore the yakky marshall...he's a screeching women. There are more balanced reviews on youtube...start with Hickok45...

I'm 5'6'' 130lbs and carry a full size 1911 everyday. I don't think a TP9SA would be too much to carry. Some people just aren't comfortable with carrying a full size pistol. Everyone has there preference. I would rather carry a full size than a pocket pistol. It's not that hard with a decent holster and belt.

If the TP9SA had a thumb safety I would make it an EDC from what the reviews say of the trigger.

·
22,309 Posts
I'm a EDC 1911 guy so carrying chamber empty would be a new training adventure.
...and a SERIOUS step down in safety. I hate DA/SA operation, like Sigs usually have, but I'd take that or DAO over condition 3. Condition one is far and away the best, of course. Condition 3 gives you one less round, much slower deployment, and usually requires two hands, unless you've got a carefully selected rear sight and think you'll be able to belt-rack reliably while in fear of your life.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I'm 5'6'' 130lbs and carry a full size 1911 everyday. I don't think a TP9SA would be too much to carry. Some people just aren't comfortable with carrying a full size pistol. Everyone has there preference. I would rather carry a full size than a pocket pistol. It's not that hard with a decent holster and belt.

If the TP9SA had a thumb safety I would make it an EDC from what the reviews say of the trigger.
Its not too much to carry.... I think (my opinion)its too much to carry all the time WHEN there are soo many other great options. The industry is tailoring so many guns to the carry market that are small, slim, light and concealable. You are the exception carrying a 1911 every day. Most folks...like me..have full size guns, but will be much more likely to wear the smaller gun more often. My Walther PPS and Taurus 851 go out the door much more often than my full size M&Ps or SIGs. Hickok45 is 6'8" and admits to rarely carrying a full size gun. On average, that's the way it is. There is always the exception and good on ya' if you can do it...consistently..all the time every day. Good belt..good holster absolutely critical in carrying the full size guns. Not many people making good holsters for the TP9 yet. For my preference, it won't be a carry gun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts