1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice. I have a couple cheap beauties as well.

Reactions: TitaniumMan

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I got a Kershaw Chill in my mailbox today. Bought it so I could try my hand at polishing a blade (comes with a bead blast) before I do it to my higher priced blades. I carry a CRKT Eros SS and it came with a gorgeous shiny blade which gives me the itch to change some of my others.

Fresh out of the box:
CIMG8885.JPG

Fresh out of and along the box:
CIMG8890.JPG

After a little polishing with 1200 grit and Mother's Mag/Alum Polish:
CIMG8921.JPG

And from what I've read, polishing it makes it a lot less prone to rusting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great! Beautiful knifes! You had to show that Pardue didn't you? Now I want one! And I need another knife like I need a hole in the head! I collect knives...like my house collects dust! I have a lot. Ha!Ha! But seriously, I love the blade shape of the Pardue, I really like drop pointed blades. And this looks like something I need to add to my collection.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Those Kershaws are my favorite budget beauties. I've had real good luck with them. I have a shoebox full of cheap knives I've picked up over the years. Chinese stilettos, advertising knives, gun company knives. I had two Chinese made knives with Taurus stamped on them. I think my son borrowed them, I can't find them now.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny... I tend to spend more when I buy knifes for my kids. When Son #1 made Eagle Scout I got him a Benchmade Mini-Rukus. They are no longer made... and the price has shot way up, so I got him a Spyderco Endura (Full Flat Grind) allowing him to put the Mini-Rukus in semi-retirement. Also got my daughter a Spyderco Endura -purple handle of course - which she loves!!

Will add a picture of my Kabar Mule which I got at a special deal several years ago. It is aptly named - the thing is a BEAST! A little too heavy for EDC but if the Zombie Apocalypse broke out, this is the folder you would want to get back to home base and more appropriate tools!!

Here is the amazon link for that if you want reviews and, by golly, if you scroll down they do make a Zombie addition for even cheaper!
http://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-2-3050...words=Ka-Bar+2-3050-9+Mule+Field+Folder+Knife

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Congrats ! Sweet.jpeg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts