1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Searching used Beretta 84's and ran across this one being sold by C-T-D...at least a couple of hundred cheaper than the Beretta. With the alloy frame and reported 24 ounce weight, it is an interesting thought for CCW.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/lkc...m_medium=firearmsandparts&utm_source=wikiarms
Their sample looked nice, but I guess the samples always do!

I've been reading a lot about the Beretta 80 series since the 81's came on the market. It seems like everyone and his brother made a clone. Beretta sure must have had a winning design if it has been so successfully copied.

·
Super Moderator
36,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: jwc007

·
Super Moderator
17,723 Posts

·
8,554 Posts
I recently picked up a Fatih 380 an almost exact clone of an 84. I ran it this weekend and was not impressed. Recoil is surprisingly harsh. The right side safety/upper grip panel radius eats into the web of my hand causing some minor bleeding after 50 rounds. It also has break in feed issues from both mags. I was using Amer eagle/remington and herters. The feed issues got better after 4 mags, but still happened occasionally. I imagine after 50 or more rounds that would settle down. I paid $329 OTD for mine, in blued. It felt great in the hand, and is very nice looking. The controls all worked ok, although slide release was very stiff. Also was quite accurate. So there are some positives. I will probably sell it off, after the break in period.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
It's a nice little gun, I got one a while back. Not as nicely finished as the Beretta, but a pretty good deal. BTW, the Beretta surplus 380's now selling cheap are the model 85's, not the 84's. The 85 has an 8 round capacity, the 84 13. Also, new Beretta 84's are nearly 800 bucks. The Turk gun is certainly worth a look.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used to have a Beretta 84. It was reliable and accurate, but was snappy in the hand due to being straight blow-back. If you want a .380 of this length, you might want to look at the S&W M&P Shield EZ 380 which has a nice rebate going at the moment.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
It looks like LKCI is the new importer of Tisas firearms. I don't own any Tisas firearms but I've heard good things about them. I wouldn't mind having what LKCI calls the Regant SP1.

·
Super Moderator
36,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I recently picked up a Fatih 380 an almost exact clone of an 84. I ran it this weekend and was not impressed. Recoil is surprisingly harsh. The right side safety/upper grip panel radius eats into the web of my hand causing some minor bleeding after 50 rounds. It also has break in feed issues from both mags. I was using Amer eagle/remington and herters. The feed issues got better after 4 mags, but still happened occasionally. I imagine after 50 or more rounds that would settle down. I paid $329 OTD for mine, in blued. It felt great in the hand, and is very nice looking. The controls all worked ok, although slide release was very stiff. Also was quite accurate. So there are some positives. I will probably sell it off, after the break in period.
I saw a video review of this gun also and one shooter reported the same problem with the web of the shooting hand.

Stay far away from Cheaper Than Dirt.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Beretta 84

Also look at CZ83. I have one and it is superb.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firearms/search?Keywords=CZ83
I have done business with C-T-D and have had no issues. I also have a CZ83 and like that gun a lot...it's what got me more interested in the .380 caliber.

I used to have a Beretta 84. It was reliable and accurate, but was snappy in the hand due to being straight blow-back. If you want a .380 of this length, you might want to look at the S&W M&P Shield EZ 380 which has a nice rebate going at the moment.
I should seek one out at the LGS and see how those feel. The CZ 83 is snappier than I expected, but due to ergonomics is very manageable and comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
17,723 Posts
Stay far away from Cheaper Than Dirt.
I'll second that. Cheaper than Dirt is on my lifetime ban list because of their incessant gouging during "The Great Shortage". N-E-V-E-R!! E-V-E-R!!

I don't know what happened to the Girsan...it's a cool little gun. It wasn't around long. I like it a lot. Not as much as my PT638, but close.

·
Super Moderator
36,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm wondering if I can buy just a barrel for this gun. If it's true to the Beretta spec it may work in the Cheetah. I'm calling Midwest Gun Works tomorrow to check price and availability.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Think I'll stick with my Witness Pavona 380. Same size and capacity as the Beretta. Only not metal.
I know czechbikr has shot this one too!

003.JPG

004.JPG

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
It looks like LKCI is the new importer of Tisas firearms. I don't own any Tisas firearms but I've heard good things about them. I wouldn't mind having what LKCI calls the Regant SP1.
I have a clone that is marked as a ATI import, but it is actually produced by Tisas, looks juts like a #84, shoots well, has been reliable, takes beretta mags and parts , I think I paid like 250 for it used in excellent condition.
so mine is a pretty decent weapon.
can't speak for any of the others.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a clone that is marked as a ATI import, but it is actually produced by Tisas, looks juts like a #84, shoots well, has been reliable, takes beretta mags and parts , I think I paid like 250 for it used in excellent condition.
so mine is a pretty decent weapon.
can't speak for any of the others.
How do you rate the grip feel and recoil? After reading some of the review I am thinking of leaving the Model 81 BB as a 32 ACP...

Maybe have to buy a surplus CZ70 just to justify loading that little peanut...:D

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
How do you rate the grip feel and recoil? After reading some of the review I am thinking of leaving the Model 81 BB as a 32 ACP...

Maybe have to buy a surplus CZ70 just to justify loading that little peanut...:D
well It was my wifes favorite lil gun and I put a set of pachmayers (browning) on it so the recoil is very tame.
grip is FAT!
its not a bad shooting lil pistol but it is heavy for a 380, extremely reliable as to function and ammo .
I never really carry it as I can tote the Sig 365 in 9 MM with 10 +1 rounds a lot lighter, trigger isn't greatest on the ATI but its not to bad.

Reactions: Czechbikr
1 - 19 of 19 Posts