Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! this is my first post I would like some fedback on this gun I'm waiting to buy.I called the gun shops in Milwaukee and none have it in stock and what worse is Turaus is not making any revolvers till JULY! just semi autos now!.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Not til July?? Man that bites! What size barrel you looking at? I have the 8 3/4" barrel Raging Bull Casull .454 and never have shot a .44Mag yet. The recoil on Casull is not anywhere's as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Mine doesn't torque high and to the right or left but rather right back into your forearms and shoulder. I'm also thinking that the compensator port holes on my barrel are the reason for that.

That's a long wait..but it will be worth it when ya get one. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at the blue 6 1/2" barrel model #444-B6 I'm getting 44 because I'm all ready set up with the dies for reloading.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the six and a half inch version in matte stainless steel which I bought used, and it shoots like a dream. I compare the recoil of 44 special with that of the 45 acp and the magnum loads a little more but not much, it's a great shooter. I'm sure if you buy one you will not regret it, good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys I have a Marlin 45/70 so the rescoil of the 44 will not bother me

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have the .44 Stainless 6.5 inch barrel, I don't think I could ever part with this gun. Completely fell in love with the gun before I owned one and it didn't disappoint me after I bought it.

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
My 6 1/2" RB is awesome. I absolutely love that gun. Shoots like a dream, action is smooth and crisp, recoil is non-existant.

When I shoot bowling pins, just about everyone else shoots something smaller in the revolver class, I shoot my RB. Everyone loves to watch me shoot it.

I am soooooooooo glad I bought it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will cost me 90. to 100. to use a store FFL so buying online is NOT a option for me now, it would if there was no GCA1968 I could have it mailed to my address.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts