Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOURCE: Gear Review: Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster - The Truth About Guns

Gear Review: Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster
TTAG published a lengthy review of the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 on 3/25.

Read the full review: Gear Review: Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster - The Truth About Guns

aliengear_1.jpg

aliengear_5.jpg

aliengear_2.jpg

SUMMARY OF REVIEW:

Specifications: Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster
Gun Models Available: See this page for a full list

Build: kydex shell with 3-layer base (vinyl, ABS polymer, closed cell neoprene)
Price: $35.88 for one, or $57.88 for two

Ratings (out of five stars):

Comfort: * * * * *
For this genre of holster (dual-clip hybrid), comfort is excellent. You may feel the outline of the pistol a tad more than with a typical leather backing, but comfort otherwise exceeds that of leather without the break-in period.

Concealment: * * * * *

Although the section under the kydex shell is flat, that part isn’t particularly wide and the rest of the holster conforms to the shape of one’s body with ease. The Cloak Tuck 2.0 holds the pistol nice and snug against the wearer, inhibiting printing of the grip. The ability to adjust ride height as well as cant provides further options to optimize concealment.

Ease of “Installation:” * * * *

One star better than your average dual-clip holster. Shells that slightly wrap around the bottom of the muzzle slide into the waistband more easily, and the highly flexible nature of the base makes putting it on a bit easier than the leather versions I’ve used. That said, if it were compared against a single-clip, all-kydex job like the Cook’s linked earlier, it would get zero stars (as would all hybrid, dual-clip holsters).

Value: * * * * *

Almost certainly the least expensive option of its type on the market. Yet, the quality is good and the warranty puts most doubts at ease.

Overall: * * * * *

I can’t help but mention once again that I only like these large holsters for heavy pistols. That said, this rating is comparing the Cloak Tuck 2.0 to other holsters of similar design (hybrid, dual-clip a la CrossBreed, White Hat, etc). I award the Cloak Tuck 2.0 with top honors due to comfort, configurability, warranty, and oh-so-very-low cost.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts