Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, trying to figure out how to remove this lanyard swivel without destroying it. I would like to keep it intact.
I am putting new grips on and the grips are one piece Hogue. They attach through the Lanyard hole.
Anyone removed this before without hacksawing it off?
Any help is appreciated. Taurus 1.JPG Taurus 2.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply. The pin seems wider than the hole. So it needs to forced back out the bottom? Is there a suggested tool to use? it seems tough to get inside the revolver frame to obtain a good strike.
Sorry about all the questions I am no where near a gunsmith.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
No he means this pin
View attachment 408114

Drive it out one side or the other and the lanyard ring shaft should then pull out. The shaft has a groove in it and the pin fits into the groove so the shaft can't pull out.
A picture is worth a thousand words.....I was wondering if I was explicit enough. I wasn't.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
FWIW, I'm betting that lanyard is designed to also work with wood target grips that cover the butt of the gun.
I'm thinking that is what the narrow spot at the top is for. If you pull the cross pin, line up that notch with the hole, and put the pin back in the lanyard will be spaced far enough from the butt for the wood target grips that are drilled for the lanyard to fit around the shaft.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
The slip on grips may also require that same pin to be removed. If the pin does not easily move one direction try the other. Sometimes they may be tapered and only move one way. I don't think that particular pin is tapered, however it may be.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
You might slap a caliper or micrometer on both ends of the pin to see if one side is smaller. I also think I'd let some penetrating oil soak on it. You're probably right about the long shank on the lanyard and the notch at the top being for a revolver with the oversized target grips installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts