Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting, I am trying to decide between 3 firearms and decided to come to the community for help the first is a new production s&w model 10, a blued taurus 82 or a blued taurus 65. The reason I am looking at these three is that I want a backs traditional revolver. Any input would be appreciated. Thank You

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Hi.

Since I'm spending your money I say buy all 3! That was easy! :) I don't know much about revolvers but there are folks here that are very knowledgeable and they will be along to help spend your money more wisely than I. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
25,036 Posts
Truth be told, I would buy all three if the prices were right.

·
32,941 Posts
If the checklists are followed in what to look for prior to buying one cannot get into trouble.
Revolver Checkout Procedure
Buying a Used Handgun
Buying A Handgun 111111
Shopping for and Inspecting Used Revolvers | The Shooter's Log
I would try all of these and see which one fits you and your needs. Do you need .357 magnum capability or not? Just something to consider. If not then either the S&W 10 or the Taurus 82 would work.

I do have a Taurus stainless steel 82 and find it to be a fine revolver. +P 158gr. LSWCHPs, 135gr., +P Gold Dots, or +P 125 gr. rounds will work for defense. If you do not need +P rounds then there are some standard pressure rounds that work well.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Personally I like the 65.

Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'd go with the Model 10. I have 2 older police trade ins and they are great revolvers. The new finish on the Taurus revolvers is a deal breaker for me. If you want Taurus go with stainless.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree with the others on the 65. If you don't get the 357 you will wish you had just for the time you may need something a little larger.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
This is my first time posting, I am trying to decide between 3 firearms and decided to come to the community for help the first is a new production s&w model 10, a blued taurus 82 or a blued taurus 65. The reason I am looking at these three is that I want a backs traditional revolver. Any input would be appreciated. Thank You
As resident gun shui advisor (based on my reading a Wiki page on fung shui without laughing out loud and checking the spelling of "shui" with Webster's online dictionary- twice), it is my professional opinion that for the best shooting chi and the most harmonious balance to your gun safe karma it would be most advantageous for you to buy all 3.:D

Seriously, you can't go wrong with any one of the 3. The Smith will hold value better but that's the biggest difference.

·
23,833 Posts
The reason I am looking at these three is that I want a backs traditional revolver.
What do you want it for? Concealed carry? Nightstand? Target practice? Distracting barracudas with the shiny thing while you steal their stamp collection? I don't see the value of opinions without knowing that.

Text Font Yellow Green Orange

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.