Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked one of these grip kits up and thought I would give it a try. I got it fitted using files and sand paper as my dremel stopped working. At any rate if fitted up pretty good though a lot of sanding to make it fit tight. I might try another for my 5.5" barreled gun next. Oh and this is a Uberti/Cimarron 45 Colt 7.5" barreled 1873 Army model.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow, it looks like you did a great job, and it certainly adds a touch of class to your revolver. Plus, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you did it yourself! Please let us know how it handles with the new grips.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It feels about the same as the orginial walnut grips that came on the gun. This gun shoots great by the way and is smooth as silk. Cimarron buys the Uberti Cattleman and then tune them before reselling. The also do this with Pietta guns as well.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! That is one nice package you've put together.
This is my gun for the next season of NCOWS starting next month. I used a 5.5 barrel version last season but shooting at 20 yards it wasn't real accurate but the 7.5" should be. I did put 50 rounds at 25 yards in an 8" square so it should be more accurate at the range we shoot these things. We shoot the rifles at 50 to 60 yards on average. Shot gun is about the same as the pistol but various types of targets for the shotgun.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Those look sharp, there is nothing like the feeling of completing something you make out of wood.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those look sharp, there is nothing like the feeling of completing something you make out of wood.
The only thing is they are plastic, imitation stag horn. They still took some work as they are definitely over-sized to fit all, but still rewarding to get on and right.

·
Registered
27,429 Posts
Looks great. What was the source, if you don't mind?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
If I ever get the Colt .357 or Ruger .44 spl. SA of my dreams, I think I will have to install a set....

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I ever get the Colt .357 or Ruger .44 spl. SA of my dreams, I think I will have to install a set....
Colt and the clones need to be fitted for each gun but the Rugers seem to fit almost out of the package. I've never seen a 1 piece grip though on a Ruger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts