Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been to the Range twice with my PT140 MilPro. I'm not really liking the Heine Sights. Far more comfortable w/3 Dot Sights. My EMP9 Sights came w/tritium inserts. When I bought my Glock had the factory Sights R&R'D w/TruGlo TFO Sights.

Any similar suggestions on aftermarket 3 Dot tritium sights to replace Heine Sights?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to say much appreciate the overwhelming number of replies. Y'all have been a great help :bs:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.... What else is left to say? Your question was answered
So, your telling (not you but two others) me WFS & HiViz are the only options?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like I stated, those are the only two I have found. You're more Han welcome to try Google
Seriously? I know Google & already done a search. I guess I'm use to Glock that has many accessory options. Nonetheless, also a Taurus fan. In fact, last week bought another Taurus NIB PT745 MilPro.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Read elsewhere on this site that the WFS sit too high, scraps inside of holsters?
I had seen that posted also. But in my case both the factory sights and the Fire Sights were basically the same height so there was not a problem.

I believe (could be wrong) that it depends on which model gun you'r talking about.

I will try and get a side by side picture of the two sights.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Here is a picture. The installed FS is the the rear and the factory sight is in the foreground. As I said the height is very, very close. Close enough that I haven't had any problems with my present holster. But I'm not saying a different type holster would not be problematic.

Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had seen that posted also. But in my case both the factory sights and the Fire Sights were basically the same height so there was not a problem.

I believe (could be wrong) that it depends on which model gun you'r talking about.

I will try and get a side by side picture of the two sights.
That would be great! Much appreciated, Marine (Once, Always). I'm so sorry about how Vietnam Vets were treated. I graduated HS '79, so it wasn't me boo_ing. I was AD Marine 1980-1988. - Long Story - The OIF Vets were treated well, me included. Anyway, highly appreciate your military service @ crummy time (trying to keep the superlatives @ PG level).

Semper Fi!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a picture. The installed FS is the the rear and the factory sight is in the foreground. As I said the height is very, very close. Close enough that I haven't had any problems with my present holster. But I'm not saying a different type holster would not be problematic.

View attachment 48260
The side-by-side pics are perfect comparison. BTW, just finished a side-by-side comparison with my new (purchased NIB last week) PT745 MilPro & used (bought used last month $255... @ Range twice & flawless). The front sight white dot is noticeably larger on the PT745. Plus, I need to fill-in the recessed front site w/more white on PT140 [How?] However, if both were brand new the PT745 front site whitedot would still be larger.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
That would be great! Much appreciated, Marine (Once, Always). I'm so sorry about how Vietnam Vets were treated. I graduated HS '79, so it wasn't me boo_ing. I was AD Marine 1980-1988. - Long Story - The OIF Vets were treated well, me included. Anyway, highly appreciate your military service @ crummy time (trying to keep the superlatives @ PG level).

Semper Fi!
Thanks for the kind words of support and thank you for YOUR service!

SEMPER FI !!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
The side-by-side pics are perfect comparison. BTW, just finished a side-by-side comparison with my new (purchased NIB last week) PT745 MilPro & used (bought used last month $255... @ Range twice & flawless). The front sight white dot is noticeably larger on the PT745. Plus, I need to fill-in the recessed front site w/more white on PT140 [How?] However, if both were brand new the PT745 front site whitedot would still be larger.
Gosh I can't help you there. I have no experience doing anything like that. Hopefully someone else will jump in with an answer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.