Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have trouble with their wrap around grips? I just put a set on and it seams they are interfeering with the gun in double action...

When the hammer is all the way down the bar that runs from the trigger to the rear doesn't want to engage the firing mechanisum. It seams to be pushed down collapsing the Z shaped spring. It works if I take the grips off or when firing in single action with the grips on. I tried trimming the flashing off of the grips but that doesn't seam to be helping.

Any ideas before I take the die grinder to these things :???:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i have the same grips and the only problem i had out of them was getting them on..
it was very difficult to line up the holes cause the rubber front strap was very tight..

you say it interferes with the double action of the gun, but then later say it works fine with the grips on in DA.
rcurrier44 said:
it seams they are interfeering with the gun in double action.......
.......It works if I take the grips off or when firing in double action with the grips on.
eh.. anyway im not sure what kinda problem they could be causing for you.. pachmayr has a 1year warranty give them a call their number is on the box.

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
I've got them on my PT1911

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've got Hogue wraparounds on my Beretta 92 and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
joe sixpack said:
you say it interferes with the double action of the gun, but then later say it works fine with the grips on in DA.
Sorry I ment it works fine with the grips on in single action. It will actualy pick up the hammer just fine when it is in the half cock position also.

On the right side (as looking from the rear) there is a flat bar that connects the trigger to the hammer. As you pull the trigger it pulls forward underneath the grips and cocks the hammer for you in DA. Well something is rubbing somewhere (it is not apparent exactly where) and the bar won't engage at the rear by the hammer. There is a Z type spring that keeps the bar pushed up and engaged with the hammer assy and it is not enough to overcome whatever is causing the interfeerance with the grips.

Clear as mud?

Unfortunatly I got them used at a gun show so no warranty....

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
this is a shame, could you post pictures? i think i understand your problem however i dont know what the cause or solution is, especially since you got these used is it at all possible they are the wrong grips?

did you get a box with them? if so can you give me the part/model number?

again pictures might help.. im afraid i dont know what could be causing this i have not any such problem with mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dought they are for a different gun since they won't fit a beretta and they fit so nice on this gun. From what I can tell there is only one option for PT99 grips... no serial number breaks or anything.

I'll try to get a pic for you guys...

Thanks
ROB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts