Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New "boarder", and first time poster here. My recent PT-111 Pro purchase is my second Taurus (92FS being the first), and I love just about everything about it.

The one thing that is really eating at me is the gap between the magazine base (extended finger rest style) and the the grip. And, I seem to have the issue with either of the two magazines that came with the pistol.

There is about a millimeter separation that, after every shot, pinches my pinky finger, when the next round is stripped from the magazine.

My questions are:
1) Does anybody else have this issue with the magazine pinching your finger?
2) Is this a manufacturing spec that is fairly loose?
3) Any ideas for correcting this besides changing the magazine base (or not using my pinky finger to grip)?

My only thought has been to place a rubber band around the magazine just above the base to dampen the pinching. But, my worry is doing so will impact the ability to feed the next round.

I appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks,
scott

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't own one but you could try the rubberband idea, and if the gun won't load properly just take it off and use a glove on that hand while shooting at the range. The rubberband won't hurt it just run a couple mags through it to see how it feels.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My wifes does the same thing, I don't notice it but I guess we hold the pistol in different ways. anyway.. when she is shooing it she puts one of those pony tail holder things around the mag seated at the base, that takes up the small gap and no longer gives her a pinch, no problems loading any rounds, make sure its the very thin pony tail ring holder thingy or the mag will fail to seat. I guess you could get a thin rubber O ring and do the same thing, but she has tons of those pony tail ring dohickys layin around

she even had them in black so you cant see it ;D

·
Registered
130 Posts
At least they the pony tail thingy will get more use from you than just using them to annoy her from a distance by shooting them at her ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everybody for the responses. I'm heading to range after work today, and will try the rubber band method. I should've snagged a few of the ponytail holders from my wife before leaving. Oh, well-- just another excuse to head to the range again! ;D

·
Registered
57 Posts
My my 111 has a 1/16" gap but no piches yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My recently purchased PT111 Pro came with a magazine that has a bigger gap than the other. It bugs me because it looks poor, but doesn't seem to affect operation. I also noticed that the sides of the magazines are stamped differently on the sides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts