Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have trouble with your model 605? I had to send mine back twice now. And now I have to send it back again. Also does anyone know why Taurus doesn't have an email address?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I posted a lengthy review/novel/issues post recently on my 605 Poly. I fired 10 .38's with no issue, then switched to .357 rounds. The first 5 fired perfectly using single action. Loaded the next 5 and tried double action - the first 2 fired fine then the cylinder refused to cycle to the 3rd round - and pulling back the hammer would not work either. Also, ALL .357 rounds fired would NOT eject until I applied LOTS of force with my hands - almost resorted to tapping the ejector rod on a solid object, but didn't quite have to. I also noticed a tiny piece of lead stuck to the forcing cone after that session - alignment issue?

I came here now to post up that I finally got around to calling Taurus CS today. But I will post that separately. I really hope they will fix it with one visit though. Multiple times sending it in as you said makes me nervous.

What were your issues please?

·
Registered
207 Posts
.357 hard to eject

I posted an lengthy review/novel/issues post recently on my 605 Poly. I fired 10 .38's with no issue, then switched to .357 rounds. The first 5 fired perfectly using single action. Loaded the next 5 and tried double action - the first 2 fired fine then the cylinder refused to cycle to the 3rd round - and pulling back the hammer would not work either. Also, ALL .357 rounds fired would NOT eject until I applied LOTS of force with my hands - almost resorted to tapping the ejector rod on a solid object, but didn't quite have to. I also noticed a tiny piece of lead stuck to the forcing cone after that session - alignment issue?

I came here now to post up that I finally got around to calling Taurus CS today. But I will post that separately. I really hope they will fix it with one visit though. Multiple times sending it in as you said makes me nervous.

What were your issues please?
.. USUALLY anytime you cannot eject spent rounds from a revolver, the cases swelled too much thus increasing pressure. This can be due to being loaded too hot- if not factory loads, or too hot from the factory for the gun. bullets too large for the chambers and barrel. I would want to know who made the rounds? name brand or 'other brand', if Handloads, yours or someone else's? Something ain't right. the difference in .38 Special and .357 Magnum is the length of the case and amount of powder? did they extend beyond the cylinder? Handloaded bullets not properly seated can cause these problems. and may account for the lead on the forcing cone. I would hate to think a new gun is at fault. Keep us posted on the results!

·
Registered
185 Posts
.. USUALLY anytime you cannot eject spent rounds from a revolver, the cases swelled too much thus increasing pressure. This can be due to being loaded too hot- if not factory loads, or too hot from the factory for the gun. bullets too large for the chambers and barrel. I would want to know who made the rounds? name brand or 'other brand', if Handloads, yours or someone else's? Something ain't right. the difference in .38 Special and .357 Magnum is the length of the case and amount of powder? did they extend beyond the cylinder? Handloaded bullets not properly seated can cause these problems. and may account for the lead on the forcing cone. I would hate to think a new gun is at fault. Keep us posted on the results!
These were Winchester PDX1 125gr Defenders. Factory. More detail available in my other thread - here.

I described my issue to Taurus today and without hesitation, they told me to send them the gun. That this should not be an issue with this model. So.... while they are footing the bill for shipping, I am going to follow their advice.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Super Moderator
27,124 Posts
Jeez, this is like pulling teeth!

Reactions: Zenmag

·
Registered
185 Posts
lol @ rodfair

I'm hoping bingo was just being facetious. But you never know these days.

And yupper, it would have been nice if the OP posted a summary of the actual issues (oh, and it's still not too late to post that up... lol).

Shipping my Taurus tomorrow at a nearby FedEx hub. Here goes the adventure!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Did I just hear the OP "drive by"?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I should not have said that.

Here's what I meant to say:

Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

I've never had any issues with my Taurus M605 .357 Mag revolver. I don't use it for a range gun, but I have shot 200 rounds of various ammo through it and I'm confident that it will do any self-defense duty job that I may or may not have to call on it to do.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm hoping bingo was just being facetious. But you never know these days.

And yupper, it would have been nice if the OP posted a summary of the actual issues ...
Yep, ya caught me in facetious mode! :) The non-specificity of the OP was just too nebulous to pass by. Details, details, details! How ya gonna comment on a problem if yer don't know what the problem be's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts