Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a PT1911 2 weeks ago and it will not feed my 230 gr. Golden Sabers. It will feed ball perfectly thou will not feed my hps. I called Taurus c/s and asked them about it and they said[c/s] that in August they will have brand new mags to ship to customers that have feeding problems with their factory mags with hps. richGP100z,Omaha,Ne.

·
Registered
32 Posts
richgp100z said:
I got a PT1911 2 weeks ago and it will not feed my 230 gr. Golden Sabers. It will feed ball perfectly thou will not feed my hps. I called Taurus c/s and asked them about it and they said[c/s] that in August they will have brand new mags to ship to customers that have feeding problems with their factory mags with hps. richGP100z,Omaha,Ne.
My thoughts. Try to load only seven HP rounds into your 8-round maps. My PT1911 will feed standard Taurus 8-round mags, Kimpro, Novak, Mec-Gar, and CMC Shooting Stars okay when loaded with only seven rounds. Standard 7-round mags also feed okay.

Wilson 47D and CMC PowerMags feed okay when loading eight rounds. YMMV

I am now a firm believer in the Wilson and PowerMag magazines. I'm about to order Wolff 5% over springs for my other mags. The followers may have something to do with the feed problems, but since I have some CMC Shooting Star mags with don't work and some which do, I think it's the springs.

Oh, and try using the slide release to chamber the HPs in the 8-round maps. Works for me.

edison

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I use CMC Powermags now and keep the factory mags for just in case. Have not had any trouble since going with CMC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts