Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range yesterday and shot my 709. I had problems when I had my mag with the plus 1 extension. The slide would jam. I think I had shot it after I bought the extension but I really don't remember. I have been carrying my 709 with that mag for months.... No longer... I removed the extension and replace it with the factory mag "floor".

Lesson relearned .... don't carry ANY gun that you have changed in ANY way until after you have put a box or two through it. I would not have thought I would have any problem from just making that change on a magazine.

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
As the old saying goes "The proof is in the pudding". Good practice to test before you trust your life to a set up or change with your firearm even new mags until they've been ran.

A little FYI for the younger folk who have never heard this term.

“The proof is in the pudding” means that the outcome is uncertain until the task is completed.

The expression began as, “The proof of the pudding is in the eating.”

Pudding wasn’t always exclusively a dessert.

When the expression was coined, a pudding was any food presented in a solid mass and was often a main course, such as Yorkshire pudding.

Popularized in 1605 by Cervantes in Don Quixote the saying has been traced back to 1300.

Today, “the proof is in the pudding” means that you can’t tell the value of something simply by its appearance.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which +1 extension did you purchase?
I got it from a seller on eBay but I don't remember the name right now. After I am back at the range and shoot both my factory mags again and make sure it wasn't the mag itself, I'll post a picture and try to find the name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts