Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble replacing the safety, spring and ball back into the frame of my pt145. I have found a lot of people on the forum saying how difficult it can be but cant find any specific advice on how to replace it. If you know how or know of a link it would be appreciated greatly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
solution

in case anyone else stumbles across the same problem i used a very small flathead screwdriver (1.4 mm) to compress the ball and spring and pressed the safety lever in place, pushing the screwdriver away as the lever held the ball and spring compressed. definitely a pain to get back in.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well, congratulations, you got it back together....(better than I could do) :)

·
Super Moderator
37,226 Posts
There is an excellent post by a member some 18 months ago who illustrated (with photos) a total field strip of the PT 145 for the purpose of doing a trigger job operation. While he didn't modify any components IIRC he did remove the steel framework from the poly body and do an intensive buff and fluff on the innards to smooth out the trigger. I poked around for it and came up empty. If you search around the MillPro section in the 12-24 month time frame you'll probably find it.

Glad that you got yours back together.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You mean the little ball was found?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts