Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I just joined with hopes of getting a little help with this. I've got a Taurus M608 stainless 6.5" barrel, and I'm trying to find the correct scope mount for it. I've ordered two from CTD, that according to CTD and Taurus are supposed to be the right one, and neither fit. The revolver was bought back in 2002, so while it's not brand new, it's not exactly ancient either. The part that I'm ordering is a Taurus #10-027, which fits fine on the top strap of the gun, but the mounting points for the little brackets don't line up with the slots in the rib, and the bracket strips themselves are too wide for the slots.

What I find odd about the part I have, is that although the packaging says it's a 10-027, the number engraved on the part cross-references in a google search to the 10-029. (same gun, with an 8-3/8" barrel) I thought at first that this was just a screw up, so I sent that one back, and ordered another, and got the exact same thing.

I called Taurus the other day, and while friendly, they didn't do jack squat for me. He kept saying maybe the gun has changed, but had no clue what mount would fit my gun. The end of the phone call was basically, "Well sorry, we have nothing that will fit".

Does anyone have a 608 from this era, or know of any changes that happened after that, which would have required a different scope mount? I'm not really interested in drilling or tapping the frame, so if I strike out, I guess I'll just do without a scope. (good excuse to buy another gun I guess. ;-) )

Thanks for any help you provide!

--Mike Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts