Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my tcp back from repair for about a month. They replaced the extractor. I shot about 150 rounds with no problems. This evening, I noticed all the pocket lint around the hammer, so decided to clean it out. When I tried to clear the chamber, the shell stayed hooked under the extractor. Normally, it will drop out of the ma well on all my other guns instead of flinging it across the room. But the only way to clear the chamber was to lock the slide back with the shell hooked to the extractor, and push the bullet down from under it with my finger.

I'm inclined to not worry too much since it functions fine while firing. But the other side is what if I get a double feed, will it eject the shell when racking the slide?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
While I can't help you with your problem, I do have a question. If you pulled the slide back far enough to lock it open, why didn't the ejector kick the round out of the gun? Does the slide have to go further back that the slide lock point before the ejector comes into play?

Since it functions properly when firing, I don't think you have a problem. While you could probably work on the extractor to ease its hold on the round, I wouldn't do it unless it was causing a feeding or ejection problem. It is not a design requirement that the round fall out through magazine well when the slide is pulled back enough for the round to clear the chamber. The fact that some other gun works that way doesn't mean that all guns are supposed to work that same way.

E. J.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Try cleaning under the extractor claw.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it again with the magazine in the gun. It ejects rounds just fine. But with no magazine in, it still holds the round under the extractor. I will try cleaning it again. I'm going to try to hit the range tomorrow.

·
Registered
36,598 Posts
I've had my tcp back from repair for about a month. They replaced the extractor. I shot about 150 rounds with no problems. This evening, I noticed all the pocket lint around the hammer, so decided to clean it out. When I tried to clear the chamber, the shell stayed hooked under the extractor. Normally, it will drop out of the ma well on all my other guns instead of flinging it across the room. But the only way to clear the chamber was to lock the slide back with the shell hooked to the extractor, and push the bullet down from under it with my finger.
I'm inclined to not worry too much since it functions fine while firing. But the other side is what if I get a double feed, will it eject the shell when racking the slide?
Any thoughts?
likely the reason that it works well when firing it is that the extractor is designed to extract and eject a shell case, not an entire bullet, more length, more weight!
these little small pistols are very marginal in ejection port size and they can be picky!
IF you have a double feed in an emergency , think Hammer!
Lightweight,, very small hammer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts