Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having fallen off of the no more new firearms this year wagon, I received my new TriStar T100 semi auto pistol in hand yesterday evening.

The T100 is pretty much a copy of the Desert Baby Eagle firearm. Now while I have yet to fire it I do have hope of doing so later today if Mother Nature works with me in the weather department.

First impressions are very favorable, it has a great feel in the hand, both in the grip as well as over all balance. I am impressed with the construction, materials and finish. The lower frame is an allow which reduced the over all weight of the pistol. The finish is a nice semi flat black that is very evenly applied over the entire pistol surface. I was concerned that it maybe uneven or even blotted given the Turkish import and price point of the gun. The slide serrations are more of a gilled grip than that of the standard slotted style found on most semi auto pistols, which makes for a great surface to grasp between your fingers. This is greatly appreciated in that the design of the pistol has a very low profile slide which does limit the surface area of the side for chambering a round. It also comes with a full length spring guide rod which I like, the only down side is that when reassembling the pistol after take down it can be a little difficult to get the spring and rod in place and compressed forward to fit in place. But, I feel that with practice this will be less of an issue. Of course in the design of the EAA, Tanfoglio, CZ pistols the slide does have full length slide in rail stability which many say help with accuracy by securely gripping the entire slide length in contact with the lower frame.

My purchase price was $315 plus $20 shipping, which to be honest sounded pretty good to me. And yes if it shoots as well as it appears to be built it will be a bargain. It came in a plastic lockable case, with two 15 round magazines, pistol lock, cleaning tools, paperwork and the TriStar 5 year warranty.

I will update later today with a few photos.
And here are the photos added:

Any uneven finish that you may see on pistol is oil, not an a blem in the finish.

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
:nopics: rule breaker!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I bought a Tristar T120 last December. I was also impressed with the fit and finish of the gun. Mine shoots like a dream! The Turkish made pistols are one of the best values still out there.
Enjoy your new piece!

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a Tristar T120 last December. I was also impressed with the fit and finish of the gun. Mine shoots like a dream! The Turkish made pistols are one of the best values still out there.
Enjoy your new piece!
I also picked up a TriStar S120 from another seller, which is like the T120 except that the frame lower is steel rather than the alloy.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I just checked the weather and it's going to be about 72 today. You shouldn't have any trouble getting out today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I have been looking at the Tristar's as well. Get some pix and a range report posted up soon. ;)

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Very nice, congrats.

·
Registered
36,649 Posts
Congrats!
everything I hear about the tri stars are positive.
Basically a basement priced CZ, even has the palm swells I believe?
many people like the alloy frame with the thumb safety and prefer this over the P-01 because of that.
I am pretty sure most all parts /holsters/ magazines will interchange with CZ.

Reactions: jwc007 and jonrjen

·
22,815 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Very nice indeed. I have not had the opportunity to shoot one of these, I will be looking forward to your next report.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Looks really nice. Time to let some lead fly :)

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Nice looking gun let us know how she shoots. I've got to get my hands on one of those and see how she feels!

·
Administrator
18,081 Posts
Very very Nice!!! :cool: :cool: Congratulations!

I would love to get that kind of deal on one of those!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol. #NoWillPower

1 - 18 of 18 Posts