Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my latest pistol and my very first 9mm. I used to be a snob but have come around to accepting the 9mm as a more than adequate caliber! lol I'm late posting about this sweet shooting little 9mm. I say little, but it's a service size weapon and weighs in at 2.25 lbs, close in size to a 1911. I like that. I picked it up Monday, shot it for the first time Wednesday.

I shot 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 gr FMJ through it. Nary a hitch, perfect feeding, ejection, slide stayed open at the end of each magazine. I've read of people who had trouble with that but mine was a perfect gentleman. It shoots left at 25 yards but is dead on at 7. A little Kentucky windage and there you go.

A great bargain to me at $380. Double/single action with rear dovetail sights and a fixed blade front sight. It also has a black cerakote (I think) finish and black plastic checkered grips. It comes with two 17 round magazines, cleaning kit, bicycle lock and a case. It's a big ol' keeper fo' sho!
eJRgKT7.jpg
Z5CgRrK.jpg
QQOS3j9.jpg

Super Moderator
Congratulations on the new Young Turk. The frame and slide length look like my TP9 SFL that I just got, although the trigger is different. Looks just like a CZ trigger. From the factory the RSA was spec'ed too strong and would FTE the lighter charged 9mm. The new RSA sent gratis solved that issue and I ran 56 rounds through yesterday and it ran like a watch.

Super Moderator
Looks like another CZ clone, which is a good thing. :D Nice find! I've always admired the CZ 75 design, never bought one. I may have to deal with that someday.

Super Moderator

Super Moderator
Here you go...If I were shopping for one, this would be high on the list:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/85178/Firearms/Handguns/TriStar/TriStar+85109+T-100+Pistol+9mm+3.7+15%2B1+Blk+Poly+Grip+Blued

It's the one that got away...I held one in chrome at a gun show some 8-10 years ago and passed at 325.00...
Looks like a nice size for carry. I have had some problems keeping money lately, burnt relay on a winch, burned up aerator pump on a septic system. But, hey, that won't last. :D

Registered
Looks like another CZ clone, which is a good thing. :D Nice find! I've always admired the CZ 75 design, never bought one. I may have to deal with that someday.

TIS IN deed!
at one time many of the CZ parts would interchange with these, which made life a lot easier and cheaper.
plus the numerous upgrade parts that are available.
Not sure if they take CZ mags or not but think so?

Reactions: Kevin Keith

Administrator
Congratulations on your new TriStar S-120 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:
The TriStar Pistols are made by Canik 55, and Canik makes excellent handguns!

I own a Tristar T-120. Great shooter and a quality made pistol!
+1! I also have a TriStar T-120 and it's been a stellar performer!
BTW, it works great with the Mec-Gar Cz75B 19 round Magazines, which I like for IPSC Matches.

TriStar T-120 with Hogue Cz75 Grips and Gold Lettering Fill

I also have an original Canik TP9V1, which has also been stellar, and is also my current CCW.

Canik TP9V1 with spare Magazine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts