Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a shooting club I heard about while in line one morning waiting at walmart for them to wheel out a shipment of .22s.

I had never heard of the place even though it has been around a number of years. There is a Cowboy Action club that has a portion of the club to themselves, they also do IDPA. I think there are 8 "pit" areas, each with three shooting tables, and several of the pits have shaded picnic tables. Lots of steel targets.

Land lot Grass Tree Pasture Lawn

One area is dedicated to Rimfire only

Grass Soil Geological phenomenon Wall Tree

A friend of mine took his new 12 year old Stepson, who had never shot before, with a new BB/Pellet gun he had bought him to shoot also. We covered safety and handling with the young man and started him shooting the air rifle.

At the Rimfire range, Scott let him try his Mark II Ruger and that really made the kid smile. I offered to bring a .22 revolver.

The kid is like all kids with a semi-auto and fired them fast which I worked on him to slow him down and go for accuracy.

The new Step dad is going to join the range club now. Neat place, glad I heard about it.

Backyard Yard Tree Table Furniture

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I like it. Having a nice, safe place to shoot is half the battle. And it looks like they'll let you shoot steel there - nice.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice lookin' range. We have nothing like that out here :(

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
nice setup those steel targets have a pretty good ricoshet range when plinking 22lr high velocity So make sure those safety glasses are on left and right of you

jhp

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it. Having a nice, safe place to shoot is half the battle. And it looks like they'll let you shoot steel there - nice.

Lots of steel targets and they provide them, although I need to remember to take a few cans of spray paint to paint the targets so you can see where you are hitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts