Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all been awhile since my last visit here, i sure like that we Taurus owners have a place to go for questions and anwsers.
so here is my problem, i have a pt 840 with a broken trigger it will only work in a single action mode. so i took it apart and found the trigger spring had broken, hope i can order from Miami as i seem to have the impression that they will only sell certain parts. if someone knows could you pls let me know what my chances are. i really hate the thought of sending it back for a 49 cent spring.

thanks goose

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Goose, call Customer Service and give them the serial number of the gun and ask them if they will send you or sell you the spring. Last fall Taurus initiated some new customer service policies that have lighten up some of the previous issues with parts. It's their call, but we've been told that they will be willing to send out simple parts that the customer can install rather than make you send in the gun. They also said the in the event you can't fix it they will still honor the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply i have today ordered my parts and they should be here soon. thank you and big thanks to taurus!

·
Registered
10 Posts
How'd you make out with the spring? Mine on my TCP broke and supposedly on the way. Lady told me 3 parts they won't sell to anybody, including dealers and gunsmiths, Sear, sear spring, and sear pin.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have not received the parts as of yet, but it should go good. i think this is the most common issues with my pt 840 i also ordered an extra firing pin stop, which was one issue i have already had. good luck with your fix.

goose

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update on my trigger spring! well almost 3hrs to install but i did it! man no wonder they make the big $ lol
thanks for the info i love this site..

goose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts