Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is my first 1911 type pistola. PT1911 Stainless Steel. I think I understand all the controls etc. clearly, but what do I do with the trigger screw? The allen wrench supplied with the gun only fits the rear Heinie sight. So what's it do and how does it benefit me?

Registered
As I read per my owners manual for my new Para, it's the stop for the trigger. It say's in there pretty much not to touch it, so I won't haha.

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
It's a stop, it will rest against the mag release when the trigger's pulled. I guess it's to keep from over travel.

Registered
from what i understand its the over-travel screw. screw it out and your trigger can go further past the break point. screw in and it wont travel as far.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That makes sense. I knew it was for an adjustment of some sort. Thanks.

Registered
woot, i was right.

havent played with it, but figured it was the same as on my paintball gun(whos grips fit my 1911 once i mod them a bit)

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
orlandodriver said:
smoke post a pic would love to see it
OK, here's what I got...

Thinkin' I may want to harvest my own rattlesnake and have some grips made from it, or something with my initials. Do pretty well with the Hienie sights, three dot sights are in my mind. I do want to personalize this one. :thumb:

Very nice. I wished mine was SS like that. I'll just have to get there one part at a time. :bang:

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I might have bought the blue, but it had laser grips on it. Not interested.

But, I'm keeping the new parts I just put on imne. ;)

I'll give ya the original ones and the ones that came out of yours!

What a deal huh!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope! :drool:

Registered
Congrats Smoke. I have the stainless and really enjoy it. Yes change those grips, I did.

Registered
how about these for your snakegrips?
(HOPE PIC ATTACHED)

--------------------------------------------
DON'T PUT IT AWAY BROKE
BOB

Those are nice. :)

Although ... if Smoke were a real man, he would harvest your own snake with your bare hands and skin it alive. :D

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I usually do harvest with bare hands, but skin 'em with my teeth. :drool:

Oh, yeah, are those from a grip company in Kentucky? Pretty much what I have in mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts