Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Trigger pull concern

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  cheechako49 
#1 ·
Hello guys i just purchases a taurus th40 s&w and the DA trigger is about 12.5 pounds SA closer to 6 pounds wich is fine, but in DA the heavy trigger really throws my aim off and makes the gun not fun to shoot i was wondering how hard it is to replace trigger with less pull or if possible at all

#2 ·
Mount a laser on the bottom, and practice dry firing with the double action. The laser will show you how much you are moving and gives you feed back on what is going on. A 12.5 lbs. double action is not that bad. The dry fire practice will also knock off the sharp edges.

With practice and use it will smooth up, and the transition from double to single will get better.

I practice regular with double action revolvers, and it helps with the initial pull on my CZ P07.

If you continue to have issues with the transition, I'd suggest something striker fired or SA only.

Maloy

#4 ·
My TH9C loosened up a bit after a few hundred rounds, but after cleaning I used dry graphite lubricant on the interal action components and that made a big improvement, gritty feel to the trigger is gone and single action is smoother and lighter. I purchased a laser bullet anf find it combined with the app to be a great tool for dry fire practice. Has really helped with finger placement on the trigger and flinching. Will not replace live fire practice but is a great supliment and a lot cheaper.

#5 ·
12 is on the heavy side but it's not unheard of for a DA trigger pull.

Practice and a) it will get lighter and b) your hands will get stronger and you won't notice it as much.

#6 ·
The heavy DA pull is the safety. Take the safety off. It's called cocking the hammer. Why people think they have to shoot DA? It's nice to know you can but train to take (cock) the safety off when you bring the weapon up. Just like a single action revolver. It is easy to master with a little practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.