Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard some pits and pieces of the PT111 having some sort of trigger problems. Not cocking or automatically going into DA mode. Can some one enlighten me on what is actually going on if anything.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
flteng said:
I have heard some pits and pieces of the PT111 having some sort of trigger problems. Not cocking or automatically going into DA mode. Can some one enlighten me on what is actually going on if anything.
There have been a few discussions of something in the PT line, about triggers, cocking, and probably DA mode. These were isolated cases, had various results, and some involved having to go back to be fixed. If you look thru the Complaints threads here, you can probably read up on them. I do not remember them all, and I own a PT111 myself, and 0 problems of that nature with mine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good results here, too.
I may be a newbie & not know squat, but....
I've got a new 3rd Gen PT111 & probably have about 1000 rounds thru it now, & I don't think I've had more more than 1, 2 or 3 'problems' & they were likely my fault anyway.
(I've heard the term 'limp wristing', & much as I hate to associate that term with -me-, it's probably what happened.)

It's a great freaking gun, & I -love- the SA/DA feature... I think I've had a 'misfire' once ( light strike?) - pulled the trigger again (DA mode now), & went on my merry way at the range!

Maybe I'm just lucky, but... I really like my purchase!!

Tim

·
Administrator
40,398 Posts
I have a DAO PT111 Pro. Been flawless. 1200 rounds plus. Love his little 9. What you mention is probably a rarity. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have a Pt 111pro 3rd gen 700 rds through it so far no problems at all.my guess is your gonna hear all kinds of stuff,but what you expirience first hand is something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts