Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded or modified their 24/7 G2 45 trigger? Is there such upgrade/mod for it? I notice there is a long pull on my 45, unlike my Glock. I tried looking for trigger mod/upgrade for 24/7 G2 45 on YouTube and did not find any :shocked:

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I own the same handgun. There is no trigger mod kit for the 24/7 G2 .45 ACP at this time and likely never will be. The long pull is there by design to prevent accidental firing in the same manner as the trigger quard and the actual safety/decocker combo. You can load the magazine, pull the slide all the way back, completely depress the trigger, then release the slide while holding the trigger down, and then engage the safety. This will load a round in the chamber, put the gun in Single Action (SA), and then of course lock the firing pin. This will give you the short pull on all shots (since the gun resets to SA automatically after you fire a round). When you need to use it pull out the gun, flip the safety down as you extend for the shot, and fire.

As far as smoothing out the trigger you can file/polish the sear and the trigger bar. You are looking to address rough surfaces and those that are not clearing well. You want to be sure remove only the amount needed for the parts to function properly. To much and you could run into problems. I have also found that a good bit of powder can get down in the trigger assembly. I put a good bit of gun oil in the housing, move around and invert the frame to work it around, let it sit for a minute, then clean it out from every angle with the Q-tip. You can come in from the top rear, the sides of the trigger, etc. Poke it like you really love it.

As far as lightening the trigger pull (beyond what will occur by doing the file/polish), you can replace the firing pin spring with one for a XD. Most of the trigger pull comes from the firing pin spring. If fact, this is another potential area that could get powder clogged and gum up the trigger action. I clean it periodically as well, just depends on how it looks.

Finally, I have heard from a number of sources that say a few proper applications of Frog Lube (heat up the metal, apply lube, let sit for a hour, remove excess) will help as well. I purchased a kit (rag, 4 oz paste, 4 oz liquid) but have not yet applied it. I need to stop working and spending time with family and friends so I can get it done. ;-)

Hope this helped some and happy hunting (for zombies of course).

Reactions: Harry

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about replacing the trigger connector with one from an after market suppler? My friend said he made the replacement on his Glock and it solved his trigger pull problem.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I am not aware of any aftermarket trigger components that will work out of the box with the exception of the springs.

You can also sand/polish (800 grit or similar) the firing pin, catch lever, outside plastic piece that rides around the rear of the firing pin and contacts inside of the slide (grooves, frame rails, etc). A good detail cleaning of the internals with rubbing alcohol will help as well.

I suppose pictures or video are in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts