Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, been looking for taurus info for awhile, hope you guys can help. ive got about 2k rounds through my PT145 and i still hate the trigger love the gun hate the trigger. So my question does anyone know a good smith that will do a trigger job to lighten it up? I've looked high and low on the net and have come up w/ zero. So i plead to the masses, help me help my fun gun. Thanks for any responses.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
What specifically is the problem you're trying to cure? On a double action, there is a little bit that can be done with an extremely heavy trigger, but with the newer SA/DA there is very little. Almost any work on the trigger is likely to void the warranty, so you must give some very careful thought.

Also... have you called Taurus? I've heard of guys sending guns back for these kinds of problems and getting some relief from the factory.

·
Registered
80 Posts
do you have a trigger scale? You are not going to make the DAO as light as a SA auto like a 1911. Neither will you make it soft like the partially cocked glock. Buy the new SA/DA and you will probably be more happy. However, if you have a scale and it is over about 8.5 Send it to the factory. Mine is right at 8. I like the trigger but like good DA handguns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have a scale but i will get one and check its on the list of things to get. I would like to lighten it up some, it seems alot heavier than my friends stock double action SW revolver. I guess i should mention i believe it is a first gen DAO millennium. If it this way only i can live with it i shoot it pretty good at 25' so i cant complain it just seems heavier than other double actions ive fired. well thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate it ;)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Also... becareful of messin' with engagements. First problem is that you will void your waranty... not a thing you want to do and second, you may make your gun unfireable. Taurus triggers are not designed like other types (i.e. 1911)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts