Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tore my 605 apart to clean and figured I would just
do a trigger job.
I can say it made a difference..........:)

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
You can't just leave us hanging like that. Pictures, description of what you did? Don't be such a tease. That is like just saying "Hey, I got a new gun, want to see a picture?"

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Yes yes...so what did your trigger job entail, and how much lighter/smoother did it make your trigger pull?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just a note for you. If you are not already aware, you might want to keep an eye out for light hits if your trigger job involved lightening the springs any. I did a trigger job (more-or-less) on my 605 revolver a couple of years ago. I installed a Wolff reduced power spring kit in it. When finished I LOVED the trigger pull. It was smooth and light and I was pleased. Took the gun out to shoot and started having mis-fires. Light primer strikes were the problem and the light hammer spring was the reason. :( So I took the hammer spring out and put the OEM spring back in while leaving the trigger rebound spring in. Still made the trigger feel nice but light hits stopped and I am still very pleased with the gun. If you didn't replace the springs - NEVERMIND! :D:D

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, I didn't replace the springs, used 1500 grit paper on trigger and hammer, inside
of the frame, and all pins the internals ride on. Then went at it with Flitz.........
Still kinda heavy, but SSSMMMOOOTTTHHH!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I'd like to do a trigger job on my M327, but I'm not confident enough to try. I'm afraid of breaking something.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Not having "parts-left-over" is a good indicator ya done it right...

Off subject but your comment made me think of a buddy of mine...

Years ago I had him work on my computer. He returned it and gave me a grocery bag full of wires and harnesses that he said were "leftover" !! He tells me "don't worry, it still runs!" Hahaha I did find out later that they were wires from a different computer.

Creek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts