Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the single action pull on my 24/7 - but since it has double action capability - there is a VERY long take up till it reaches the single action portion of the trigger pull. Reset is nice and short.

In other words - there is the possibility of having a VERY nice trigger action - short take up - short and crisp let-off - and short reset.

So.....has anyone figured out a way to basically do away with the double action capability so all that is left is the single action??

I don't need nor want the double action pull - my own S.O.P. is that in the event the round that is in the chamber doesn't go off (extremely rare with factory *carry* ammo) - I quickly do a tap/rack and get a round in there that WILL go off. No round gets a second chance - it either works the first time - or it gets ejected. That way I keep the same manual of arms for all my handguns (1911/Glock/S&W M&P/BHP).

Any 'smiths out there figure out a way to get rid of all that take up on a 24/7 Pro??

cheers

tire iron

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well, I wish. same thing is the PT111, love the single action, but could do without that long uptake problem before you get to the SA.

I noticed the same thing in revolvers, but I can live with it there for some reason. Probably because most of my firing with them is pulling back the hammer myself. I guess I should have gotten a hammered semi auto.

·
Registered
132 Posts
when you rack the slide the first time then it should be in SA mode...........in other words, if you carry one in the chamber then it should be in the SA mode. The only time it will revert to DA is if you have a FTF or the slide has not been racked meaning chamber is empty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kd,

I appreciate the replies - and I am familiar with how the DA/SA action works - what I am hoping for though it to get rid of the LLOONNNGGG "pretravel" before I can feel the slight stacking of the single action. It seems that when the gun is ready to go (one in the chamber) I have to pull the trigger an inch or so before anything happens (pretravel). I want to get rid of the pretravel so the trigger at rest is only .06 or so in front of the single action let-off point - instead of the 1 inch or whatever it is now. (It probably isn't and inch - it just seems like it cause it is so long.)

cheers

tire iron

·
Registered
132 Posts
tire iron said:
So.....has anyone figured out a way to basically do away with the double action capability so all that is left is the single action??
tire iron
Well, based on your original post, i thought your question is your quote above. So, I was merely answering that question/quote above for you and backing it up with what a few others have said. Now, I come to find out that is not what you are talking about and now you have a new issue of the take up of the trigger.
I dont think you will find any carry handgun with a trigger that you are looking for (little or no take-up). I have only seen that type of setup on competition guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts