Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Picked up my new 608 last night, did the PBTJ (the 1st part, the 2nd part doesn't apply to Taurus DA revolvers) did some dry firing and installed a Wolff spring kit. She has a great DA pull now. Off to the range...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good info.
I am cosidering buying a redhawk but am not thrilled with the trigger pull. This might be just the ticket. Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put a spring kit in my Redhawk, as I do in all of my revolvers, and it now has a nice pull, although it is a bit long in DA. The Redhawk mechanism is very different from the GP100. In DA, there is a distinct little catch just before let-off that you can either pause at or pull straight through. If you pause there it's almost like SA from that point.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You'd better off putting a lighter spring than just removing one of the retainers.

Rugers are great but rough and oversprung when stock. You can drop 4 LBS on the main spring. Taurus and S&W have lighter springs and I found that 2 LBS less than stock is a light as you want to go w/out having priming problems.

S&W and especially Taurus revolves do have a much smoother action when stock than Rugers but nothing a bit of polishing and filing cannot solve. The sear notch on most Rugers is really too deep while the one on Taurus usually it only needs some polishing but no filing. To play safe you want a sear notch at .020". If you are into competitive shooting you can go as thin and .014".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts